What's new

Alec Bradley Tempus

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i picked one of these up yesterday after hearing people talk about them in here. No, i didn't get a box just cuz it was a good deal, just one.
i am quite unsophisticated as to the nuances of cigars. i don't know the various flavors that i'm getting. so being my first review, bear with me.

punched it, lit it, nice draw.....

if it were a woman, i'd hit it.

that is all.

thank you very much. i'll be here all week.:waving:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lol, great review!

I did not like the Tempus. I can understand why some ppl enjoy them; complex, good development, good burn and draw. There was simply a flavor that I did not enjoy present through the entire cigar.

Bear

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I really want to try it, the flavor descriptions I've heard sound great to me. I have yet to find one in a shop, so i may have to brake down and buy a 5er online at some point.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hate to do this, (or love to do this, I'm not terribly sure), but I have to retract my previous statement.

I had a Tempus Robusto the first time, and did not like it. Now, though, I'm not sure if the thing was properly stored.

Here is why- I had a Torpedo last night (that I know was properly stored) and LOVED it. Good depth, good flavors, great burn and draw.

Bear

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I hate to do this, (or love to do this, I'm not terribly sure), but I have to retract my previous statement.

I had a Tempus Robusto the first time, and did not like it. Now, though, I'm not sure if the thing was properly stored.

Here is why- I had a Torpedo last night (that I know was properly stored) and LOVED it. Good depth, good flavors, great burn and draw.

Bear
Someone in my local (who does NOT carry them :argh:) was saying that they felt the longer sizes were much better in the Tempus, something about the cigar "evening out" as is smoked. They liked the churchill and lancero the best. If that's the case, it seems to me like these might benefit greatly from some aging to smooth them out a bit.

I have yet to smoke one, if I could find a flight sampler somewhere I'd pick that up and see. I can only find a few places that even sell 5ers and I can't afford one of each, lol.

If someone has a bunch of these and is willing to trade me some, please let me know. I've got tons of mid-level premium stuff (CAO, RP, Pepin, Perdomo, etc.). (sorry for the threadjack).

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Few cigars get this reaction from me...:barf:
lol, that's funny.

Now this isn't pointed at you, Chuck. But I have noticed that people on here tend to judge NCs much more harshly than CCs.

For example, someone might pick up a brand now box of each, and hardly even consider cracking the CC for 2 years. When he does, he might report, "Still pretty green, going to let it sit another 2 years."

But if someone grabs one of the NCs and it tastes the same, he's say, "Tasted green, not a good cigar imo. Will not revisit this one."

Why the discrepancy here? I mean, is it just that they trust that ISOMs will get better with age, but don't have the same confidence in NCs? Isn't it just as possible that something like an RP Decade or an AB Tempus will improve a lot with age than a nice CC? Or is it simply that those sticks are unproven (i.e. new blends) whereas the Monte #2 has been around forever and has proven itself?

I"m not trying to make a fuss, I just really want to know. (sorry if this is a bit of a threadjack).

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
this thread made me try one, looked like a corona gorda, I only thought it was ok.

cubans don't age their tobacco too much before rolling, so they usually improve. Ncs usually use well aged tobacco so aging should not be as neccasary

Last edited:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
lol, that's funny.

Now this isn't pointed at you, Chuck. But I have noticed that people on here tend to judge NCs much more harshly than CCs.

For example, someone might pick up a brand now box of each, and hardly even consider cracking the CC for 2 years. When he does, he might report, "Still pretty green, going to let it sit another 2 years."

But if someone grabs one of the NCs and it tastes the same, he's say, "Tasted green, not a good cigar imo. Will not revisit this one."

Why the discrepancy here? I mean, is it just that they trust that ISOMs will get better with age, but don't have the same confidence in NCs? Isn't it just as possible that something like an RP Decade or an AB Tempus will improve a lot with age than a nice CC? Or is it simply that those sticks are unproven (i.e. new blends) whereas the Monte #2 has been around forever and has proven itself?

I"m not trying to make a fuss, I just really want to know. (sorry if this is a bit of a threadjack).

Well, I hear what you are saying but it doesnt hold water here. I try all kind of cigars of all manufacture and countrys. I have found I like the Nic cigars better but will try anything that others that I find have similar tastes have tried. I also have a rule. Unless it is an absolute dog rocket, try it three times. It may be what I ate, smoked, drank who knows. Try three.
I had my first Tempus at an Alec Bradley smoker when they first came out. First smoker I have ever been to that they made me buy the cigar so yeah I was a little pissed. But I bought one. Half way through I tossed it. Blech. A couple of the guys noticed and mentioned to the rep that they too did not like the cigar. He gave us all another one and to be nice I bought a second. Aged them for 30 days and tried again. Blech. The last one I saved for 60 days. Had a nice steak dinner, desert, and sat down for the perfect smoking opportunity. Blech. Sorry. Hey if you like them, smoke em.

More Tempus for you. :rofl: