What's new

All dressed up and no place to go

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
galco makes a good holster.. you did well there...

any reason for going with the "FBI" cant instead of a straight draw?

those little rugers are great .22 pistols BTW... lots of fun to shoot.. dead nuts accurate.. inexpensive.. and reliable as the day is long.. I have killed many a crow, squirrel, rabbit, feral dog, feral cat, etc.. with my MKII 5 1/2" bull barrel.. next to a S&W 41 its probably my favorite full size .22 pistol of all time..

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
galco makes a good holster.. you did well there...

any reason for going with the "FBI" cant instead of a straight draw?

those little rugers are great .22 pistols BTW... lots of fun to shoot.. dead nuts accurate.. inexpensive.. and reliable as the day is long.. I have killed many a crow, squirrel, rabbit, feral dog, feral cat, etc.. with my MKII 5 1/2" bull barrel.. next to a S&W 41 its probably my favorite full size .22 pistol of all time..

Short answer on the cant "I didn't know any better". The holster fits the gun perfectly and it felt good when I put it on. Thinking about it, if it was straight it would be awkward for me to draw it with the amount of ummmm "body siding" I have to reach around, lol.

I shot both of them at an actual gun range (been shooting at my in-laws farm many times - at stumps and such) last friday. I shot the 9mm first, seemed to shoot low and I had trouble keeping the spread close even at 25 feet. (I am not a marksmen by any means)

After putting 24 rounds through the 9mm I switched to the .22. I was astounded at the accuracy. 8" spread at 50 feet was not a problem. I LOVE that gun!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Depends on the holster. Most, I like zero cant for AIWB or 3:00 OWB. Between 10 and 15 degrees of cant for strongside IWB, I don't remember the exact number... whatever Dark Star Gear uses as their "normal" cant.
I might try a negative cant holster for AIWB, like the 5 Shot Leather SME.

I've been using mostly Kydex lately (Dark Star Gear, Custom Carry Concepts, Comp-Tac, or JM Custom), though I do still love leather.
The CQB-Elite rides in a Sharkskin CC convertible holster.

DSG owb/iwb kit

Comp-tac (competition holster)... pretty bad picture for the first one. Marginally better with the second.

JM Custom AIWB

I had decent pictures of my other holsters. I'll have to see if I can find them.

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Negative. At this point in my life, it's so hard for me to put on weight.
Last winter, I lost ~10-15 lbs (accidentally)... and I had to stop working out, and start eating like absolute garbage just to get back to my normal weight.

ETA: Thanks Utah. She looks marginally rougher now, but not by much.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Depends on the holster. Most, I like zero cant for AIWB or 3:00 OWB. Between 10 and 15 degrees of cant for strongside IWB, I don't remember the exact number... whatever Dark Star Gear uses as their "normal" cant.
I might try a negative cant holster for AIWB, like the 5 Shot Leather SME.

I've been using mostly Kydex lately (Dark Star Gear, Custom Carry Concepts, Comp-Tac, or JM Custom), though I do still love leather.
The CQB-Elite rides in a Sharkskin CC convertible holster.

DSG owb/iwb kit

Comp-tac (competition holster)... pretty bad picture for the first one. Marginally better with the second.

JM Custom AIWB

I had decent pictures of my other holsters. I'll have to see if I can find them.
I already know you know WTF you are doing, but your AIWB is about 1" too close to the nuts for my own safety. Rather point it at my femoral artery than my balls. Only problem is how this will work in an airbag-deployed car crash :(

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The only reports I've heard of car crashes with AIWB carriers... they reported zero damage from their gun/holster, or to it. Should be good to go.

I still haven't exactly found my "sweet spot" yet... though around 12:30 is working okay for now. I'd personally choose a nut shot than the femoral. You'll survive the former, not the latter.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
The only reports I've heard of car crashes with AIWB carriers... they reported zero damage from their gun/holster, or to it. Should be good to go.

I still haven't exactly found my "sweet spot" yet... though around 12:30 is working okay for now. I'd personally choose a nut shot than the femoral. You'll survive the former, not the latter.
Yeah but after you might wish you didn't survive.