What's new

all the l'atelier are big cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking over the lineup of l'atelier, surrogates, and the bundle lines and they all seem pretty big. Would be nice if they were coming out with a couple of sizes <5" and <50 ring gauge.

Will still try the lat52 and maybe the tramp stamp (if they have the tramp stamp locally), but the others would just take too long to smoke, I think.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hopefully some pc's or petite robos are on the horizon. The longer I smoke cigars, the slower I smoke 'em. A 6x52 takes me quite a while these days...

Last edited:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Pete always adds new sizes as he goes along. In fact, there is ALREADY a >50rg size for the flagship L'at line in production, not sure if it will come out this year or next.

As far as smoking time, I totally hear what you're saying. But it really depends on the blend. The L'at 52 might burn for an hour, or two hours, totally depends on the makeup of the tobacco! How many of us have lit up a "small cigar" before thinking it would be a quick smoke, only to puff on it for 90-minutes! And likewise I know that I've burned churchills in just over an hour before.

In the case of the bundled lines, however, I think that the fat rings were necessary to get the blend right.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The skull breaker is one of my favourite smokes, and I'm really not that much of a fan of large rg sticks. I think the tapered head of the belicoso helps it not seem so large. Obviously different story with the LAT line, but I reckon if you like the profile of a smoke enough, the rg tends not to matter as much. I'll wait to smoke them before I pass judgement.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hopefully some pc's or petite robos are on the horizon. The longer I smoke cigars, the slower I smoke 'em. A 6x52 takes me quite a while these days...
I totally agree, and it is dramatically changing the way I buy cigars. My stash is shifting much more in the direction of sub-46 rg cigars, because even those take me an hour of careful smoking.