What's new

Altria Buys Out Nat Sherman

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Altria parent company to Philips Morris maker of Marlboro has added Nat Sherman to its portfolio. FDA Regulations probable reasoning. Expect to see new packaging that more resembles their staple line in the near future.

Sent from my 2nd Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a feeling we will see a lot more of this soon. This is why some of the bigger companies chose not to fight the FDA. They'll be able to scoop up smaller names and consolidate market share in a few companies. The new rules are a blessing for the bottom lines of the big guys.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I have a feeling we will see a lot more of this soon. This is why some of the bigger companies chose not to fight the FDA. They'll be able to scoop up smaller names and consolidate market share in a few companies. The new rules are a blessing for the bottom lines of the big guys.
Which is really sad for the boutique brands...but i have to imagine there will either be a workaround for smaller guys or some sort of repeal.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
1. This wasn't due to the FDA. Nat Sherman isn't exactly putting out new lines every other week like true boutique companies, guys. LIKELY they got an offer they could not refuse, from a HUGE company that sells $25billion worth of cigarettes a year and took the cash. Sellout? You bet. But that's business.
2. I won't be buying Nat Sherman any more.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't looked deeper into the particulars in this case, but it's often people in big corporations that push new regulations. They do that to drive smaller competitors outta business. This has happened in many industries.
For example, health insurance and pharmaceutical company lawyers wrote obama care legislation. Lawyers working for large banks wrote new banking laws that make it much tougher for small regional banks to compete.
Its all about money and/or some politician getting votes (which takes campaign contribution money).

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HW reports - Nat Sherman (from a company source) is still running "business as usual" with the new acquisition.
Well, the website has been taken down and the Manhattan Townhouse is currently shutdown. I'ts not quite evident to me how that correlates to "business as usual".
Herklot's Instagram posts give no indication he saw this coming. Stay tuned

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0