What's new

Amber Alert

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This was sent to me by e-mail so I'm posting it because we've got a lot of BOTLs and SOTLs here from all over which means it can get out there wide spread.

Couldn't get the pic attached. See my post #7. It has a link and appears to be true!

You never know where this e-mail could end up and I'm not going to stop passing this one around if it means a little girl can be found!!!
Please spread this picture far and wide....You just never know.someone you know, might know her!

BEFORE YOU DELETE THIS, LOOK AT THE CHILD. DO IT AGAIN.
NOW SEND IT TO ALL IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. IT TAKES ONLY 10 SECONDS. THANK YOU!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I hear this email is a spoof, or a scam. I saw the same writting 2 years ago, but you never know.

The email I got had different pictures, I hope everything works out for them.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just saw in the link that she went missing almost 2 years ago but it still can't hurt to send it around.

If it were one of my two girls, I would be on a sole mission for the rest of my life or until she was found safely.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
there's a way to have amber alerts sent directly to your cell phone,,, i'll find the directions for this and post later!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a noble cause to post Amber alerts, but there's thousands of places on the Internet more frequently viewed than BOTL that would be more effective places to post them.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's a noble cause to post Amber alerts, but there's thousands of places on the Internet more frequently viewed than BOTL that would be more effective places to post them.

That's great but I couldn't think of any. The first thought that came to mind is that I would reach a lot more people through BOTL than my address book (which I also used). If you have a better way, by all means please do so and I would be interested as to which site you use for future reference.
Thanks,
Rick

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great but I couldn't think of any. The first thought that came to mind is that I would reach a lot more people through BOTL than my address book (which I also used). If you have a better way, by all means please do so and I would be interested as to which site you use for future reference.
Thanks,
Rick
Well, my point was (or at least probably what I should have said in a more concise way :smile: ) is that this probably isn't the best place to post Amber alerts. I'll acknowledge that each Ambler Alert is important and time-sensitive. However, in my state there were six activations last year, and I'm not sure how many national ones there were, but in total I would guess there are several hundred Amber Alerts each year. If we were to post every one in specialized forums like this, the alerts would probably drown out the other content. For those of us who may view numerous other high-traffic or high-profile forums and subscribe to reflectors for other hobbies and interests each day, if Amber Alerts were posted in each of those in the interest of wide distribution, despite the good intentions the amount of off topic traffic would be staggering. And consider that there's already established distribution and notification mechanisms for Amber Alerts on a national and state level to take care of this.

Arguably product recalls and scam alerts are important and should have a wide distribution. Posting those, too, would degrade the signal-to-noise ratio of forums. (Nearly 99% of all the scam and product recall alert emails I receive from empty-the-address-book friends turn out to be hoaxes, but I digress... :argh: )

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a forum cop or a Netiquette fascist and sorry if I come off that way, but you may want to reconsider posting Amber Alerts, even in a general discussion area....other less forgiving forums and reflectors tar and feather people for stuff like this :smile:

Peace :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a forum cop or a Netiquette fascist and sorry if I come off that way, but you may want to reconsider posting Amber Alerts, even in a general discussion area....other less forgiving forums and reflectors tar and feather people for stuff like this :smile:

Peace :thumbsup:
We are not other forums. Stick around and find out.