What's new

Ammo shortage again

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Looks like the ammo shelves are looking like the toilet paper aisle and it may be a while before it returns to normal.
I think I am sitting pretty strong on most calibers I shoot. How about you?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There was a line out the door of our local gun shop last Saturday. Was like that all day! It was funny with everyone standing 6 feet apart.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
We have a small gun shop near me , said the sale went up 400% from Fri, he is only open 3 days a week , Had to limit amount so he could help all his customers ......

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have plenty, but I wish I had more... I guess ammo is a lot like cigars, lol...

That said, I was an FFL for 9 years (side job, class 2, but didn’t get big enough before new govt regulations made it financially unfeasible to maintain that business) and I find myself now with an off-balance of ammo and guns chambered for such ammo, so I’m down to trade some ammo that I have but don’t really shoot.

Off the top of my head, I’d be happy to part with some .40 cal hydra-shock / lawman / etc for some equivalent 9mm (I love 9mm) or .38 special (not +P, I’ve outfitted some people with basic 38’s and it would be for them). I think I have a lot more .45 fmj than I need too, I’d have to check... And some 7.62x51 linked, if anyone needs that... :cool:

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been able to find some online but they are giving a 2 week lead time for shipping it out. Just really have to search around. I do think it will get worse before it gets better.

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first day I went to the grocery store and noticed things starting to get nutty, I immediately went home and ordered two cases of pistol ammo. I was pretty much out. It seems anymore there is a run on ammo and firearms when anything happens that affects the entire country. I've got plenty of 5.56 ammo.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all of my favorite on-line ammo suppliers are out of common calibers or shut there web sites down completely others that have stock are asking crazy prices.
I have seen this kind of panic buying due to" political speculation" but nothing like this.

just 3 weeks ago I received an email notification from one of my favorite suppliers Federal 55 gr brass cased 5.56( M193) for $.28 a round!!
we have a good stock on hand so no problem there.
and two weeks ago i finished TWO AR pistol builds :giggle:
gentleman keep safe and stay healthy and keep your powder dry

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
all of my favorite on-line ammo suppliers are out of common calibers or shut there web sites down completely others that have stock are asking crazy prices.
I have seen this kind of panic buying due to" political speculation" but nothing like this.

just 3 weeks ago I received an email notification from one of my favorite suppliers Federal 55 gr brass cased 5.56( M193) for $.28 a round!!
we have a good stock on hand so no problem there.
and two weeks ago i finished TWO AR pistol builds :giggle:
gentleman keep safe and stay healthy and keep your powder dry
You're a lucky individual. I'll admit, I havent been prudent in securing more since Sandy Hook, but I'm still well stocked. Could be better stocked, if you catch my drift. I have at least 1k round for every handgun caliber I own, and 5.56. The 30-30 and 6mm hunting rounds are woefully short.