What's new

An amazing deal, a long-sought-after item realized, and a new friend

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Hi all,

A few weeks ago I noticed an item for sale here that I have been wanting to read for a long time but never had the chance to buy.

For those who don't already know, this thing is "the bible" for CCs. It is full of amazing illustrations, information, and yes, the opinions of its author that many people take as gospel. I saw a Brother here, @Ratbert , was getting rid of his copy, and we got to talking.

Suffice it to say, we connected over more than just the deal, more than just cigars. I know this is an old story here, but it is always worth telling. Ted is clearly old school in every way, and the definition of a gentleman. Since he has gotten out of smoking cigars, I made him an offer on a bunch of his stuff (he also has excellent taste, if I may say so) and it came in safe and sound very shortly after.

If I have a regret, it certainly is not about the money. Ted made me a great deal on things I just would not have been able to smoke otherwise, and I'm happy to say I've already been able to pay forward some of his generosity. My regret is that since he is not only far away but also not smoking any more, we will probably never get to burn one together.

So I want to say thanks, Ted. You are the man. You made my year. I hope we cross paths one day.

Best,

Paul

Last edited:

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, that is such an amazing book. What edition is it? I wish I could justify the spend...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Wow, that is such an amazing book. What edition is it? I wish I could justify the spend...
Only one printing far as I know, 2005. Author is working on sequel, but I've heard 2 volumes and $10k eek! It would be great to have the last 12 years of cigars added to it but I'm not rich. Plenty to learn from 1963-2005 anyway!

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Paul,
Thanks for the kind words my friend! It was a pleasure chatting with you and I too hope we get to meet up one of these days. I'll still be lighting up a nice smoke here and there on special occasions, but yes, the days of buying lots of boxes and waiting for the FedEx truck are behind me.
Let me know what you think about some of the sticks as you burn through them, especially the ERdM.