What's new

An American Classic

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I hope there are a few of you out there who enjoy old American SxS shotguns. Here are a couple of photos of a gun that I have had a long time. Via the serial number I was able to find out that I am the second owner of this shotgun. It's a 12 gauge AH Fox Model A made in Philadelphia. It's a sweet little gun and one of my most prized possessions as with it and my Gordon Setters memories of a lifetime were made.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She's a beaut! My local cigar/ coffee shop owner has a high end shooting/ hunting store attached. He carries lots of Purdey accessories and shotguns. Had to drool over some of them today.....

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Purdey's are way out of my league but they are something to behold. Back in the early 1990's I visited an outdoor writer in West Virginia whom I admired. He was gifted a Purdey 20 gauge. In his books he wrote often about the orginal owner and his own stories with that gun. During my visit I had a chance to see and hold that gun so it made some of the stories from his books come alive. It was a great Sunday afternoon.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Purdey's are way out of my league but they are something to behold. Back in the early 1990's I visited an outdoor writer in West Virginia whom I admired. He was gifted a Purdey 20 gauge. In his books he wrote often about the orginal owner and his own stories with that gun. During my visit I had a chance to see and hold that gun so it made some of the stories from his books come alive. It was a great Sunday afternoon.
Yeah, waaayyyy out of my league as well. I'm still shooting my Remington 870 Express Magnum after all of these years. Actually, I have three of them now.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had inherited a Fox just like that, without the engraving. When I received it, it would often fire both barrels simultaneously, and occasionally when I snapped the action shut! That was exciting and I always got put up front when hunting. After I got it repaired, I realized what a great shotgun it was. I traded it to my brother for something dumb back in the 80's. Just another in the long list of stupid things I've done in this life.