What's new

An end and a beginning

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
It’s finally come time to shift gears in life...again. After running stores for a third failing retail chain I decided to cut my losses and go back to school for a career reboot. I’ve kept myself busy finishing a degree and the better part of my 150 credits in under 3 years. Today I accepted a job in my new field. I’m quite glad I’ll be done the scholastic grind in two months to the day but with my position starting in only two weeks I’ll have to quickly adjust to a more traditional schedule. Not having large chunks of day to myself is going to seriously cut into my smoking time. On the bright side income is a good thing...for both the cigar budget and my relationship with the wife. I’ve got a celebratory stick picked out already and will surely enjoy it this weekend.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It’s finally come time to shift gears in life...again. After running stores for a third failing retail chain I decided to cut my losses and go back to school for a career reboot. I’ve kept myself busy finishing a degree and the better part of my 150 credits in under 3 years. Today I accepted a job in my new field. I’m quite glad I’ll be done the scholastic grind in two months to the day but with my position starting in only two weeks I’ll have to quickly adjust to a more traditional schedule. Not having large chunks of day to myself is going to seriously cut into my smoking time. On the bright side income is a good thing...for both the cigar budget and my relationship with the wife. I’ve got a celebratory stick picked out already and will surely enjoy it this weekend.
Congrats on all accounts. What field are you going into? Sounds like a tough gring for the next two months at least but I'm sure you can get back to your regularly scheduled smoking shortly there after

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Congrats on all accounts. What field are you going into? Sounds like a tough gring for the next two months at least but I'm sure you can get back to your regularly scheduled smoking shortly there after
We will see what time I’ll be left with. I’m starting out in accounting working for a public firm on the tax side. School will roll right into busy season which will transition into CPA study right after. See you all in 2020 or so, lmao.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We will see what time I’ll be left with. I’m starting out in accounting working for a public firm on the tax side. School will roll right into busy season which will transition into CPA study right after. See you all in 2020 or so, lmao.
Oh, ya, you are gonna be busy...time is fleeting, dont forget to make time for the little things

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Grats my dude I know those feels as I'm back in school myself looking for a better career path.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Congrats ! Throwing yourself full-throttle when you get on a new team is how it's done, man. Every change / transition in my career has resulted in long hours for a little bit. Good Luck !

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Congrats and good luck with the new career! I echo the fact that time is fleeting and make sure that you take time for yourself in there as well.