What's new

Anejos and plume

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Man, this years anejos have been good IMO. I smoked a 55 the other night that had been in my humidor for only about 2 months. When I pulled the cedar off, the cigar was dusted with plume. I smoked a 49 last night, and it had even more. I noticed the same thing with a box of SG 8-5-8 that I picked up in December. I take the cellophane off of most of my cigars and store them around 67% RH. The temperature has been about 71-72 lately. I picked up 2 full boxes of anejos, and about 50 singles this year, and they are only going to get better. Do you guys notice differences in cigar quality from year to year within the same brand?

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
droolling!!!!!!!!!! The same thing for me on the anejos!!!!! But, when I see the plume, It makes me let them rest longer.......self control does not always work in this case, but I try!!!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
ohpus said:
droolling!!!!!!!!!! The same thing for me on the anejos!!!!! But, when I see the plume, It makes me let them rest longer.......self control does not always work in this case, but I try!!!
LOL!!! That is why I bought them in bulk. I haven't noticed any plume on the 77's I have (no cedar?), but I don't care for that size stick anyway.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pharmgator said:
... Do you guys notice differences in cigar quality from year to year within the same brand?
Absolutely! In fact, IMO, this year's #49 Anejos are significantly stronger than other years I have tried. Half way through one of those puppies and I'm ready to go :sleep:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Does plume form that fast? I thought it took a bit longer than that....:dunno:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
caudio51 said:
Does plume form that fast? I thought it took a bit longer than that....:dunno:
I thought it took awhile too, but they have been sitting in my humi for about two months. I wonder if the cedar accelerates the plume, because the 77s don't have any plume on them. Also, maybe I was a bit misleading - there were plume spots throughout the cigars - they didn't look aanything like that Maximus you had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey PharmGator,

Would you mind posting a pic of your gars with plume on them...? I don't know if I've ever seen it...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have read a few articles about plume, and from what I understand it is a great thing that means that the cigars are aging good....but that is the extent of all the articles I have read....I guess my question is, Is this the best time to smoke a cigar, like a peak point or somthing?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have read a few articles about plume, and from what I understand it is a great thing that means that the cigars are aging good....but that is the extent of all the articles I have read....I guess my question is, Is this the best time to smoke a cigar, like a peak point or somthing?

IMO its a good sign but not an end all indication, alot of the domesticly availible cigars have aged wrapper on them with fillers that aren't as aged.

My Anejos, that I've had for years, are not in plume, in contrast to many others smokes that have been in my storage.

J

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anejos are Maduro cigars.

Maduros breed mold. Especially the ones with the cedar sleeves.

Cant be sure without pics. But I would have to guess .........