What's new

Angels Anvil 2014 (Munted review #1)

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Had a really wild week in a lot of ways so I was really looking forward to a nice cigar tonight and thought It would be good to get lost in the experience and share it for the first time.

I'm very new to cigars still and I certainly wouldn't put the ability to pickup flavour nuances in my résumé!

This is my first Angels Anvil (Thanks @Senor Perfecto) and I've only been smoking on weekends so my taste buds are coming back to life after more than 15 years of abuse, too wordy already so here goes...

THE CIGAR:

The Angels Anvil TAA 2014 (7 1/8 X 49)
Dominican Churchill by Crowned Heads

THE LEAF:

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Havana
Binder: Nicuragua
Filler: Nicuragua

PRE LIGHT IMPRESSIONS:

It's a beautiful looking milk chocolate brown, the label draws the eye, slides easily without sticking to the wrapper and it's a fairly soft cigar, not under filled but a nice bit of give that's consistent all the way along! Really not getting much from the smell pre light so here goes.

THE LIGHT AND CUT:

Ronson single torch (thanks to both @boltman and @Smoqman I been digging this lighter) to toast, then cut maybe 2mm with a Xikar X1, which exposed a lovely indent which I've come to believe is a good sign! Might be coincidence but that little hollow has been present on a lot of smokes I've loved. Then soft flamed and rotate until it was burning even. Pretty effortless to light I must say. But my method removes the possibility of a pre light draw, probably a rookie way of doing it but I've had best results this way.

SMOKE TIME: 1hr 32min

FIRST THIRD: Straight away it reminds me of some other NC's I've tried with a bit of age, I don't know if it's flavour or body... But there's a smoothness to it that I've experienced before . It's a bit like leather I think, maybe nutty. But dam good tobacco. The draw is nothing short of perfect, I love a loose draw but this is as close to perfect as I think I've experienced. You gotta puff but it's giving the right amount of smoke and it's easy! Retrohale is smooth as silk and leather is the closest thing I can think of, very little spice. Smoke production is good but subsides really quickly after each draw. I would say Mild in body at this stage. There's a hint of sweet coming in too, maybe partly on my lips from the wrapper. Not sure. Burning even Steven.

SECOND THIRD:

I actually increased the speed of smoking and this is one of the few circumstances it's benefited the smoke. Seems to have increases to medium body, the sweetness is more apparent, I don't know what it is but it's nice and the increase in intensity is to my liking. The retrohale has a bit more spice and it's tasting a bit woody, but still like licking leather. Very enjoyable now. I actually gave it a few puffs in fast succession to see and it did get a little bitter but still loved it.. Man where's this cigar when I've had too many, you can't f$&k it up if you try. I've always thought it sounds like a cop out when you say it tastes like tobacco in a review but I'm getting that lingering tobacco taste on my tongue now. Delicious! If I had to stop here I'd likely still want to buy a box! After each puff I'm literally looking forward to the next. One minor touch up half way through the second third.

FINAL THIRD:

Already getting sad that it will soon be over. I cracked a stubby at this point and probably ruined the flavours but screw it it's Friday night! The final third was the strongest, the smoke billowed longer after each draw and I loved it to the last! 1 more minor touch up but hardly necessary. I highly recommend this cigar 9.9 out of 10 and in my top 5. Brilliant stick! Get it in ya and have a cracker weekend BOTL!

Shout out to @nebjay for the wicked ash tray, I will use this for life bro. You should definitely go into business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I still don't know what that means. Did he hit a midget on the head? What does this mean?

And man, do I miss those '14 AA. I only had a handful, but they were good.
Hahahaha it's almost too funny to correct but alas no midgets were harmed during this review.

It's Aussie for opened a bottle of beer. (y)