What's new

Angel's Anvil Weekend

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Here goes nothin...

Alright just some initial thoughts as I'm in the 1st third: very creamy and rich sweet tobacco, great aroma, slight cedar, maybe nuttiness but could be from the almonds I ate about a 1/2 hour ago.....Alright, edging towards the last bit of the 1st third and definitely more cedar notes, realized the nuttiness is not due to the almonds haha, retro has light pepper but not overwhelming but has a long finish - going great with my coffee

Ash just fell off, guess I'm halfway through the 2nd third, more cedar, and now some more sweetness is coming through, can't really pick anything else up, lots more smoke now though, I'm also pretty noobish so my palate isn't fine tuned whatsoever, but I can definitely say I'm enjoying this cigar (medium bodied)

So in the final third, very thick smoke now, mostly cedar/wood notes with that sweetness more in the finish like a vanilla flavor, lots of pepper in the retro now - a little harsh, but no bitterness

Creeping towards the band, same flavors but getting a little bitter now, purged it a few times and gonna take off the band and see if I'm gonna nub it or not (prob will). Very enjoyable up to this point and for my first CH TAA ever, I'm glad I'm doing it this way, just wishing there were more readily available lol

And that's all folks..Bravo @JonHuber I was very pleased with this stick, only complaint is that the wrapper unraveled a bit at the end after I removed the band but luckily didn't mess with the smoke experience.

Day 1 of 3 complete of Los Tres Angeles

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Surgery went fine. I'm chilling on the couch with a bag of peas. lol

I've tried all 3 of these cigars before, but never close together. I usually just sit back and enjoy the cigar and the experience without trying to pick out certain flavors, so my review will be short.

I wasn't aware of CH yet when this was released, but was lucky enough to trader for a 5er last year.

First off, this cigar is beautiful and the construction is flawless. I got quite a bit of pepper from this one which makes me wonder how strong they were two years ago. It is nice and smooth now. I wish I could find some more of these. If you come across some, pick them up. You won't be disappointed.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Day 2. I. Bought a box of the AA 15 last year when they came out. I thought they had a certain harshness I didn't like, but thought they had potential, so they've been sitting for about a year or so.

This one started out a little harsh as well, but smoothed out about halfway in and started to taste good. I think they will continue to improve over the next few months.

Right now, the 14 is in first place, we will see what tomorrow brings with the 2016!

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Day 2 of 3: AA 2015

Alright I'm into the 1st thirds and this thing has a bit of a loose draw, but I'm taking smaller pulls to not heat it up too fast...initial flavors I'm getting are sweet tobacco, cedar and leather with pepper on the retro (definitely agree that this is more harsh than the 2014 so far)

Into the 2nd third now and not much has changed to be honest, at least for me..Ash just fell off, mostly picking up leather but a little bit of cocoa at times..definitely enjoying it but i must agree yet again the 2014 is still in the lead - just from the smoke production and richness in the tobacco taste yesterday alone

Final 3rd is very woody, but has like an oats type taste, reminds me of like dry cheerios..haven't retrohaled yet in this third but pepper is has only been detectable for me in the retro...still burning sharp, gonna keep going and see how it ends

Started to burn too hot and was getting bitter so I'll call it here..final thoughts on it - overall a good cigar, would smoke another one but not my favorite, 2014 knocks the socks of the 2015, retro became too powerful/really spicy in the final third, but the leather and cedar/woody notes were enjoyable..looking forward to the 2016 tomorrow as I've heard some really good things about it and it also just looks like a nice chocolate bar haha

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Day 3. Started off with the 2016 after breakfast this morning. I've had a couple of these and also bought a box when they were released.

This thing is a pepper bomb which I enjoy. It is a very good cigar and very strong. I thought the strength and power was consistent throughout the entire cigar.

I think this will turn out to be a great cigar over the next year or so.

Overall, I would rate the 14 first, 16 second, and 15 third. All three are great cigars, but the 14 is amazing. All of them have great construction with no burn issues on any of them, which I've found to be the case for all CH cigars. This was a lot of fun, thanks for the experience @JonHuber.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Day 3. Started off with the 2016 after breakfast this morning. I've had a couple of these and also bought a box when they were released.

This thing is a pepper bomb which I enjoy. It is a very good cigar and very strong. I thought the strength and power was consistent throughout the entire cigar.

I think this will turn out to be a great cigar over the next year or so.

Overall, I would rate the 14 first, 16 second, and 15 third. All three are great cigars, but the 14 is amazing. All of them have great construction with no burn issues on any of them, which I've found to be the case for all CH cigars. This was a lot of fun, thanks for the experience @JonHuber.
I agree. 14, 16, 15. All great imhp.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Day 3 of 3: AA 2016

1st third begins with some plum or dark cherry type flavors...really weird but the pre light draw reminded me of seafood lol weird but thank god it doesn't taste like that now..little bit of a tight draw, deff noticeable compared to the 2015..kind of reminding me of a ghiradelli cabernet chocolate bar so far

Finishing up the 1st third and it's stayed consistent with flavors, getting some cedar now, but lots of cocoa and dried fruit..pepper on the retro for sure, definitely strong but not too powerful, I'm thinking these will be great down the road

Quick update, I'm gettin a little loopy from this thing lmao fml I ate about 3-4 hours ago

Alright wrapping up the 2nd third and this thing is strong, I deff should've ate sooner but I just had a spoonful of sugar so hopefully that helps lol, cigar is still producing great flavor, but the draw is starting to affect it slightly..I would love to see this in a year or so and see if they calm down a bit..calling it quits at that point too strong for me, im starting to sweat lol gonna go eat something, kinda pissed cuz I wanted to finish it

All in All I'll have to say 2014, then 2016 for flavor but 2015 strength was better for me, then 2015 for flavor and 2016 for strength

My deff winner is the 2014, thanks @JonHuber for that great cigar

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Saved the best for last: I actually like the 2016 AA the best of the three. My order 2016, 2014, 2015. It may just be that the 2014 did not "Wow" me after all of the hype it received on this forum, do not get me wrong, it is a fine cigar I just happen to like the 2016 the best. Good thing as I did a box purchase of the 2016's AAs. I hope they get even better with age.
Thanks to @tengel78 for the idea this weekend! I have not enjoyed this many cigars in one weekend in a long time.
Los Tres Angeles challenge completed! Cheer brothers!