What's new

Angels Share

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there I was in a local store the other day shopping for a suitable Independence Day smoke and I came across the Opus X Angels Share. I’ve been trying to find one for a while so I snagged it up.

VERY good cigar, but not IMO very overpriced. To me it’s very reminiscent of a Southern Draw Rose of Sharon, but somewhat more delicate and subdued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t go so far as to call them trash, but they are pretty over hyped and over priced.

There are lots of sticks out there that cost less and are better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago o found a huge stash of all different kinds of opus for MSRP or lower (~10$). All had a few years on em too. Those were worth it lol.

I would never pay the inflated prices for them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they weren't prized by large numbers of cigar smokers, retailers would not jack the prices like they do. Period.....
Are they prized by large numbers of smokers or are there only a few produced?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Are they prized by large numbers of smokers or are there only a few produced?

I have no idea what their production numbers are, but some are quite limited and HTF. Opus seem to be released 2-3 times a year in a few of the different vitolas and it might be a few years until that vitola is released again. Retailers also know there are cigar smokers who are waiting for certain sizes to be released so they jack the price. They still seem to sell as there are people who are willing to pay. I am blessed to have a good source for Fuente that sells at MSRP.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chuck is too biased. Lots of good Dominican cigars. LFD is awesome, IMO. OPUS are overpriced, but a lot of Fuente stuff is great, and a lot cheaper, IMO. THE 858' s are great with a little rest, as are the chateau sun grown. The Hemingway line is awesome as well.
Different strokes.....