What's new

another new guy

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
hey fellow botl,

i am new guy to this forum, and to cigar smoking in general, from concord, nh. im a 30 year old guy for what that's worth. i bought a humidor last november (in 2008) after smoking a rocky patel decade toro i bought after i sold my motorcycle (my local tobacconist recommended it). i was hooked and wanted to get into cigars in general. so i bought a cheap humidor and started collecting. the cold weather up here has prevented me from smoking much though, which kinda stinks. another buddy of mine started with cigars around the same time i did so we've bought some 5 packs online and split them up. i have a few 5 vegas gold, CAO brazila and italia, oliva g, and RP vintage 90 sticks. i just saw this forum today, and wanted to get on and learn some things from some vets of the cigar world. so hello to everyone, and i look forward to chatting and bugging you all for info and advice about cigars!

jeff

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Hola, lots of info here. Also there is no such thing as a stupid question so as away. There is such thing as a stupid answer, I provide those free of charge.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Welcome Jeff!

Seems that most guys who start hanging around here seem to start getting bigger & bigger collections, so be warned!! Haha!

When I visit Mass in the spring, I always hit up Tobacco Haven in Brookline & hit Parkers Maple house... About an hour from you - if ever down that way, it's definitely worth it!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Welcome. But why would your tobacconist recommend you sell your motorcycle? :dunno:
i would guess so i would spend more money on CIGARS! haha

and yes, im finding that having a friend that's into cigars and has a much larger budget than me, that putting a few sticks a week into your humidor will fill it up FAST. i hope to smoke the crappier ones and replace them with quality smokes, whenever i figure out which is which. but i've already looked into buying a new (and BIGGER) humi...

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
:welcome: So what are you using for humidity in your humi?
the long version:
i started off using the crappy sponge that came with my humidor. then my buddy gave me a drymista tube so i had both of those in there. i ordered some stuff from CI and they gave me a free 4 oz humi-care jar so i tossed the sponge. this past weekend i passed along the drymista tube to another friend that just started his cigar collecting (so i figured i'd pass along something that was gifted to me). friday i ordered a heartfelt tube of crystals (65%) because i found the jar was taking up way too much room in my humidor.

the short version:
after one day this i will be using a 65% humidity tube from heartfelt.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Nice. Also whats your address. Just so we all know where you are on google maps. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Welcome Jeff!

Seems that most guys who start hanging around here seem to start getting bigger & bigger collections, so be warned!! Haha!

When I visit Mass in the spring, I always hit up Tobacco Haven in Brookline & hit Parkers Maple house... About an hour from you - if ever down that way, it's definitely worth it!
parkerks maple house is awesome for breakfast. ive been there half-a-dozen times and had to wait over an hour each time, but its well worth it IMO.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nice. Also whats your address. Just so we all know where you are on google maps. :smokingbo
haha, well wait until i have some nice cubans or something to come grab from me, haha. i'm heading to canada later this year, but hear that the taxes up there are outrageous on cigars....