What's new

Another newbie from TN

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone.

I'm newly infatuated with cigars. I have been smoking cigars for about 8 months. I don't get the opportunity too often. I have to work, go to school, have a 7-year-old son, and no indoor smoking access. When it's cold, blustery, and/or windy, smoking outside seems like a waste. My friend smokes in his basement. I envy him very much. He lives 500 miles away, or I'd be a permanent fixture there. Hehe.

Where do you smoke? Indoors? Bars, lounges, etc.?

Apparently, there's a cigar-friendly restaurant/cigar lounge/jazz club in nearby Knoxville, TN called Bakers-Peters Jazz Club. Has anyone been there? Does anyone have suggestions for other cigar-friendly locations (preferably w/ liquor) in the Knoxville area?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Welcome! :welcome:

When it's cold, I smoke in my garage.

When it's nice, I smoke on either my front porch or my back deck.

When it's 95+ degrees, I smoke in the pool. :grin:

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Welcome! Glad to see another Tennessean! I hope you're a Vol, I'm starting to feel lonely. I can't say I've ever been to the place you mentioned. I spend most of my time in the Nashville area. I also have a little one at home (daughter 2yrold) and a no smoking policy in the house. Luckily we are coming up on the time of the year in beautiful Tn where we can sit out on our back decks and enjoy a nice stogie and glass of single malt after work without freezing our gaflaigities off. I did a quick search on Google Maps and came up with a couple of other locations for you if you'd like to try them out as well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=%22cigar%22&near=Brentwood,%20TN&z=10

If you're ever coming to the Brentwood/Nashville area on a weekday let me know and I'll show you some places down here.

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ mwilson788

Thanks for the invite and the info.

I am a Vols fan, for sure:
Vols football
Vols basketball (damn Ohio State!)
Lady Vols basketball (of course)
Lady Vols softball (rules!)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I haven't smoked cigars through a winter yet, but I suspect I will pretty much quit smoking them. It's not worth freezing my ass just to smoke a cigar. In warm weather I usually smoke out on my patio.

:welcome:

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Welcome I Smoke outside. I can take the winter though. Just use the garage.