What's new

Another newbie...

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
BTW, on trying stuff. Just buy a bunch of stuff that you hear about on here. Either find a decent local B&M (best idea) find some nice samplers online, or buy some 5ers online. Try stuff and see the stuff you start liking. Once you get some experience, you'll start noticing specific things you like and it'll get easier to spot the new stuff you'll like, and the stuff to stay away from. Simply put, start reading up.

A couple things to start you off:
1. Sign up for a http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=4734
2. A few started cigars to try: Fuente 858 (Natural and Maduro), Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, Fuente Hemingway, Rocky Patel Sun Grown, Don Pepin Blue Label, Oliva Series V

That's a little range of starter level (and a little above) cigars that will kinda help you find out what kinds of stuff you like. There are many, many others out there that are different, but I think that kinda gives you a little bit of a range.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome. I have never been a member of a forum as friendly as BOTL. I will definitely write down those recommendations and take them with me tomorrow. I am going to visit a smoke shop owned by a buddies father (Epicure's Choice) here in Springfield. I have a feeling he will have some recommendations as well. Once again, I appreciate the warm welcome and I am sure I will be around for awhile :p.