What's new

Another one bites the dust

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pretty decent night so I figured I would get in what would most likely be my last smoke in the garage before the move to Florida next week. So after thumbing through my humi I figure I would try the Onyx Reserve robusto that had been in there for awhile since I have never had one. So i pick it up and notice that it was kinda squished looking. I know it's box pressed but it still looked squished. I went outside and lit it up and sure enough after a couple puffs it's tighter then a virgin. I was going to toss it and get something else but said the hell with it and kept with it. It struggled to stay lit about half way so thats when it got chucked. O well chit happens.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Wow that does look squished. To avoid agrivation next time, cut your cigar and do a prelight draw to see if the draw is to your liking.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
WTF is with Onyx Reserves?? Don't they know by now that they have draw problems with the cigars?? It's been years of this stuff...I just don't get it. When they draw well, they're good. But that's like a 50/50 percent sucess rate...if that.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm a firm believer in tossing sticks. If it sucks, I don't want to have to "work" through it. Unless it is a really rare and expensive stick, then I may keep it going.

Oh, stop sitting on your cigars!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonita Springs

If i was sitting down reall trying to enjoy it I would have tossed it. But I was messing around with stuff and going through my golf bag so it really didn't have my full attention to begin with.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
At least try and poke somethin through it. Or what I do is kinda massage the stick by rollin it between two fingers. But heck if its still got a bad draw then take it back to the retailer and let them know so they can give you another one and tell the company so they can improve quality control or somethiN!

DWSC_Bob

Bearded Wonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MichiganM said:
WTF is with Onyx Reserves?? Don't they know by now that they have draw problems with the cigars?? It's been years of this stuff...I just don't get it. When they draw well, they're good. But that's like a 50/50 percent sucess rate...if that.
Let them know by NOT buying them. That they will listen to. Maybe...:dunno:

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
a little trick i use on a tight smoke is biting down firmly on it with my front teeth. ill rotate it a little bit and chomp down again. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. about 40-50% of the time:skew:

wer

hmmm, I see
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, squeezing and lightly rolling a "box-pressed" cigar into a sorta round cigar can loosen it up considerably and eliminate the tightness.