What's new

Another Partagas Lusitania

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stogie Ninja,
In your estimation...
How long before this HU Lusi "gets sicK"? How long must it nap at minimum to recover?

Finally, is it wise to store such a cigar (or box) in its own area (away from other long stored CC boxes)?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Stogie Ninja,
In your estimation...
How long before this HU Lusi "gets sicK"? How long must it nap at minimum to recover?

Finally, is it wise to store such a cigar (or box) in its own area (away from other long stored CC boxes)?
Didn't realize you posted the question and PM'd me the same thing. As I said in my PM, I'm not sure I've noticed recent production really hit a "sick" period. Some go flat for a bit, but none in the past couple years have had that strong metallic, ammonia-laden sick period they used to go to.

There's no cut and dry rule for how long to nap cigars. Remember, they're an organic product made by hand in a third-world country. Rules are hard to come by. Personally, I get 'em in and give them a couple months to acclimate to my storage conditions before I smoke them, but I'll often smoke one immediately just as a gauge, then lay them down for a couple months. After that I'll smoke another, and see how they are. If they're great, I start smoking. If it's not, I let it rest for a while longer.

A for storage, I store all my cigars together. I have one wineador for boxes/longer term storage that I keep at 65%, and one for singles, which is at 62%.