What's new

Another reason I love my wife

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
So my wife went to one of my favorite local cigar stores today to do 'research' on
a potential anniversary gift (2 months away). She picked up one of these and was
planning on hiding it till then, but decided she didn't trust the little HumidiPak....so
she went ahead and gave it to me now, just for the fun of it:

Ashton VSG ESG Churchill

:starrylov

Can't wait to see what I'm gonna get on the actual anniversary now! LOL!

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Very nice...definitely a keeper (and I don't mean the smoke)!

That might arguably be one of the most beautiful bands that I've seen on a cigar. That would look awesome on one of the Petroglyph Cigar Pokers!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
This October will be our 7th wedding anniversary; she's definately a keeper! Of course, I can tell already that I'm gonna have to step it up a notch as far as anniversary gifts for her! LOL!

I was going to keep this cigar in my humi for a while...but that thought passed quickly. :grin: I'm now sitting on my front porch on an unseasonably cool August-in-Texas evening (it rained today!) and am enjoying this cigar now.

It's similar to the Opus X that I smoked last weekend...maybe a bit nuttier, definately a stronger on-the-lips flavor from the wrapper, but with less overall pepper. Heck, I smoked a Monte No.4 last night, which is one of my absolute favorites, and this blows the doors of that cigar.

:smokingbo

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
This October will be our 7th wedding anniversary; she's definately a keeper! Of course, I can tell already that I'm gonna have to step it up a notch as far as anniversary gifts for her! LOL!

I was going to keep this cigar in my humi for a while...but that thought passed quickly. :grin: I'm now sitting on my front porch on an unseasonably cool August-in-Texas evening (it rained today!) and am enjoying this cigar now.

It's similar to the Opus X that I smoked last weekend...maybe a bit nuttier, definately a stronger on-the-lips flavor from the wrapper, but with less overall pepper. Heck, I smoked a Monte No.4 last night, which is one of my absolute favorites, and this blows the doors of that cigar.

:smokingbo
I've heard a review similar to yours already. Can't wait to try one of mine.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Sounds like a great lady. Remember the ratio is two to one back when they give you cigar gifts. Its a good rule of thumb that keeps them coming. I speak from 33 years of marriage experience.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I went back to the cigar store where she bought it this past weekend, thinking that I would buy a couple and toss them into the deepest, darkest parts of my humidor and forget about them for a while.

No-can-do; they were totally sold out. All that was left was an empty box (and yes, I did check inside the box just to make sure it was empty. LOL!).

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It does taste like a well aged opus, and the last 2 inches are better than the rest of the cigar. But it is a long journey to get there.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
IMO, the last couple of inches of almost every cigar are either appreciably better or appreciably worse than the rest. I have a couple off buddies who never smoke their cigars past the 2/3 point, even tho I've tried to convince them that's (often) the best part!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its beautiful. I also can't believe your wife was able to find one at a local cigar shop. Sounds like a great shop. The one by my home would not have anything of that caliber. Great find (wife and cigar).