What's new

another smoking ban

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My former city of residence, Ft Wayne, IN, just toughened their smoking ban to include all indoor workplaces, including all bars, restaurants and bowling alleys. At least exempt are private residences and some hotel rooms, some private nursing home rooms and all retail tobacco stores.

The previous law was OK as far as liberty stealing laws go. It allowed for restaurants to have separate sealed off areas for smoking rooms. Also private clubs were exempt. So several restaurants started charging $1 membership fees to become a member of their "club" or would renovate the restaurant to have a sealed smoking area.

I would have though with the governor wanting to increase cigarette tax by $1 a pack that they would be promoting smoking to have more money to spend.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=5983776

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I was in one of those smoking club's in California before I moved. What was really cool was having the secret handshake thing to get into the back room and smoke the good stuff from the owners' private stash!

Oh...you mean a TOBACCO CLUB...my bad.

Seriously though, the "club system" isn't a bad idea. Keeps it from being a public area and lets us enjoy our smokes.