What's new

Another Texas newb...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, my name is Brett and I'm still pretty new to cigars. I've heard that this is a great forum with a great group of people, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I look forward to learning as much as I can, and helping anyone else if possible. I'm still kinda new to cigars, so if anyone has any reccomendations, tips/useful info, or you just wanna chat about cigars, feel free to shoot me a message.

-Brett

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Well Welcome to BOTL.

What have you smoked so far and what have you liked and disliked? I can suggest a ton, but I would 1st say go to a local store and pick out 5 to 10 cigars you have never had and spend time taking them in and start to see what profile you like best.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
You're in Benzopyrene's neck of the woods. Ya'll will have to get together so he can initiate you into this wonderful world. Welcome!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot guys! And in response to what I've smoked and liked, I've had a few Padrons from the classic and anniversary series and those have been my favorite so far. I've also had a couple of Tatuajes that I've liked, as well as a couple of Montecristos and Arturo Fuentes, namely the Hemingways. One that I'm really interested to try is the Anejo, or the Opus X, but my local B&M never has any.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
welcome and enjoy sir. you just missed out on a good anejo trade by a day. but if you really want to try one im sure you can find someone here that will trade or sell you one.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Maybe if you check out the newbie trade thread someone could hook you up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'll be on the lookout, but at the moment I'm not gonna go way out of my way to get one, just because from what I've heard from others, it seems I may need a little more time before I'm ready! But it is intriguing...glad to see that everyone here is so welcoming and I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Ill get you hooked up with some good smokes when we get together to smoke sometime. Dont worry there will e plenty of opportunity to smoke some anejos with these guys around you. Welcome! Ill shoot you a pm next time I head out the smoke shops which will probably be sometime this week or this weekend. Cheers!