What's new

Another wineador question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys i had a humidor that had a bad seal so I sent it back. I have like 60 sticks and a good 20 of them are cc. I have a wine cooler I plan on using as a wineador. Just waiting for the shelves from Forrest. I cleaned it out and let it sit for a few days with the door open. I put 2 pounds of heartfelt beads and only using 2 shelves with trays on them. My question is on the lower shelf it says 72% humidity and the top shelf shows 69% humidity. D u think it will lower out at the bottom to 69%. I'm trying to gt the whole thing around 68-69%. It's a 18 bottle wine cooler

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think most around here prefer 65% RH... (as do I).. but there is nothing wrong with 68-70%... its really what you prefer... youre not going to damage your sticks at those humidity levels...

Question.. are you using digital, adjustable, calibrated hygro's to get your readings? its not uncommon for analog hygro's to show pretty wide deviation.. and for the most part they are not very accurate..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 xikar digital hygrometers. Did salt test and there pretty stop on. I have 70% beads from heartfelt. I just don't want them to split at the ends

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 2 pounds ok for a 18 bottle wineador or should I take out a half pound and see what happens

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Plus there are going to be some dead spots and variances. Nothing to worry about. Fill er up and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
If you want to try and even the rh level throughout try using a fan to circulate the air. Unused oust air freshener fans work or if your feeling froggy you can install a computer fan and timer.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
too much is never a problem in terms of beads... too little is where you can have issues.. I think 2lbs is likely overkill.. but if you have that much available.. I dont see any reason not to use it.. it will help your RH bounce back more quickly, keep the environment more stable, etc..

I agree with JNT and pbibby too... once you start filling it up you are going to see it go a little nuts for a few days... but after that it should balance out..

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok guys i had a humidor that had a bad seal so I sent it back. I have like 60 sticks and a good 20 of them are cc. I have a wine cooler I plan on using as a wineador. Just waiting for the shelves from Forrest. I cleaned it out and let it sit for a few days with the door open. I put 2 pounds of heartfelt beads and only using 2 shelves with trays on them. My question is on the lower shelf it says 72% humidity and the top shelf shows 69% humidity. D u think it will lower out at the bottom to 69%. I'm trying to gt the whole thing around 68-69%. It's a 18 bottle wine cooler
Seems like a good setup! I just got my Vinotemp 28 wine cooler and am waiting for my Forrest shelves to arrive. I ended up getting 3lbs of 65%RH heartfelt beads. Was thinking of getting 70%RH due to having issues with my regular humidor being below 65%RH with the heartfelt tubes. Figure that the wineador won't get to 70%RH with the 70%RH beads. What do you think? I am in Chicago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in central New York and its 20 degrees outside and I got the 70% beads and since I wrote the thread it now shows 70 on top and 71 on the bottom. The 65 beads I had didn't work for me cause the cigars were cracking as I smoked them. They were very dry so I hope 70 will work for me

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yea I'm gonna have to get 70% beads because my humidor has 65 and some are cracking. Chicago weather is similar at 3 degrees but I have radiators and house is dry so might have to look into a room humidifier.