What's new

Any AR Builders here...I know you are, show your ugly face

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
As bad as people talk about DPMS (Panther Arms) I own one that I can shoot sub minute at over 300 m. Cost me 1100, but it's 5.56. The barrel is by far the most important part of the rifle for accuracy. A good barrel can run upwards of 500 dollars alone but most companies guarantee 1moa barrels Out of the box. Just have to do some research. Great website to get inexpensive, but reliable parts is cheaper than dirt . com I just finished building my first one and it's a dream. You're more than welcome to PM me and I'll help with whatever I can with my limited knowledge base.
I have multiple DPMS. Nothing wrong with them whatsoever. I had to support a local company, and have had no regrets doing so!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Dpms is hot or cold... 20 years ago they built excellent guns... Then they went through a period where they made total crap.. Then they decided to ramp up QA.. And started making decent parts again..

They've had some significant quality issues over the years...

But when you get a good one.. They are good... It's unfair to say they are all bad.... Just before you buy a used one.. Run the ser number . And find out if it was made during one of their "good" years... Or if it's from one of their dog batches...

I haven't shot a dpms in probably 10 years now.. But my understanding is they have been consistently decent for a while now...