What's new

Any audiophile around?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont disagree with your argument, however, when someone starts out looking for audiophile quality headphones and then says he only wants to spend $150, that does present as a bit of a disconnect.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I dont disagree with your argument, however, when someone starts out looking for audiophile quality headphones and then says he only wants to spend $150, that does present as a bit of a disconnect.
Yeah, I hear you... But I guess it depends on how you define "audiophile".

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/audiophile

I'd say the key to being an "audiophile" is simply an "interest" (its the word that gets repeated in every definition)...

by that definition a $5... or a $5000 set of headphones qualifies...

the better question probably would have been... whats the best quality headphones I can purchase for $150? I like listening to XXXXX and YYYYY types of music for the most part...

but the fact that $500 isnt in the budget doesnt disqualify someone from proclaiming they are an audiophile (at least not by the definition of the word)..

keeping with the cigar theme of this board.. is someone that absolutely loves blue smoke.. but only smokes $6-$8 NC sticks.... any less an enthusiast than the guys that strictly go after the high end CC's and super premium LE NC's?

(same difference isnt it? someone with a keen interest in cigars.. but a limited budget or other constraints.. vs someone with a keen interest in high fidelity sound reproduction.. but has a limited budget or other constraints..)...

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/audiophile

I'd say the key to being an "audiophile" is simply an "interest" (its the word that gets repeated in every definition)...

by that definition a $5... or a $5000 set of headphones qualifies...

the better question probably would have been... whats the best quality headphones I can purchase for $150? I like listening to XXXXX and YYYYY types of music for the most part...

but the fact that $500 isnt in the budget doesnt disqualify someone from proclaiming they are an audiophile (at least not by the definition of the word)..

keeping with the cigar theme of this board.. is someone that absolutely loves blue smoke.. but only smokes $6-$8 NC sticks.... any less an enthusiast than the guys that strictly go after the high end CC's and super premium LE NC's?

(same difference isnt it? someone with a keen interest in cigars.. but a limited budget or other constraints.. vs someone with a keen interest in high fidelity sound reproduction.. but has a limited budget or other constraints..)...
Hey you! Stop reading my thoughts!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Thanks all for the help, and thank you Dave, read my mind. My point is not pursuing to get the highest end audiophile headphones. My goal is to get the best I can for the budget...sorry if I wasn't that clear.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got a pair of the HD-595's.. I think they've superceeded the model by now, but they're awesome. I'm no audiophile but they were reccomdned by a few!