What's new

Any Bakers ?

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love too have a scone or muffin for breakfast, but a while back the only place that had scones quit selling them! I was bummed for quit a while, then just before Covid started I said "F it" I will just make my own. So I have been baking my own scones (Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin with glaze and icing, Vanilla, Mocha Espresso) "This is this weeks batch"
Mocha Espresso with Mini Chocolate Chips

IMG_8654.JPG

IMG_8653.JPG

Last edited:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love to bake, then old age and diabetes and no more baking for me. If they are half as tasty as they look they where delicious.
Hey bud thank you! I am a Type 1 diabetic but I eat this as my whole breakfast 50 to 60 carbs then lunch is only 10 carbs (Chick fil a nuggets and unsweet tea every day) dinner is 70 to 75 carbs. I have been doing this for over 10 years and my A1C is 5.5

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great numbers! Looks like you watch everything really close. I struggle to keep under 7. Problem with baking is that it's difficult to make one or two meals worth. Just the two of us and a loaf of bread gets tossed only half eaten or I say screw it and pull out the butter and honey and worry about my numbers next day. Don't need the temptation in my house because "will power" becomes "will eat it" given the chance.

Long time ago I baked the wedding cake for our reception /crawfish boil. 200 guests everyone agreed, ugliest, best tasting wedding cake they ever ate.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Great numbers! Looks like you watch everything really close. I struggle to keep under 7. Problem with baking is that it's difficult to make one or two meals worth. Just the two of us and a loaf of bread gets tossed only half eaten or I say screw it and pull out the butter and honey and worry about my numbers next day. Don't need the temptation in my house because "will power" becomes "will eat it" given the chance.

Long time ago I baked the wedding cake for our reception /crawfish boil. 200 guests everyone agreed, ugliest, best tasting wedding cake they ever ate.
I hear you on the willpower thing.

Your reception was a crawfish boil? That is AWESOME. My "bachelor party" was a hunting trip. :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bread, but it is my own recipe.
4 cups flour (ussally 1 c medium stone ground whole wheat, 1c fine, 1 c rye, and 1 c white)
1 teaspoon salt
(mix this well)
1 3/4 cup fluid w/2 heaping tablespoons of yeast - let the yeast work before adding to flour
the fluid might be any combination of things coffee, beer, molasses, honey, maple syrup (real, not corn syrup w/flavoring)
My last was 1/2 cup maple syrup & 1 &1/4 cup Guiiness

Once you add the fluid mix well & knead for a bit (usually until I work our frustrations)
Let sit for 2 hours or more
Knead again and put in some sort of greased bread pan.
Let sit for 1+ hours
bake at 325 for about 45 minutes.

You can play with this recipe a lot and do your own thing. Change the flour mixture a bit (if you do all white, you need only 1 tablespoon yeast - heavier flour needs more yeast)

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I hear yeah! It has taken me many many years to get control over my willpower. I grew up overweight all my life over 300 in middle school through my 20s. At 30 was diagnosed with diabetes and it got real at that moment and I taught myself to never be hungary. But I have learned to enjoy bring joy to people around me as I watch them enjoy the things I make!

Well if you ever want a cupcake I have found a easy recipe for (6) Cupcakes and its made with boxed cake mix!
(These are Pumpkin with Cream cheese frosting)

IMG_5132.JPG
Ingredients
1c cake mix (any kind)
3 tbsp oil
1 egg

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper baking cups or use silicone baking cups.
  2. Spoon cake mix into 1-cup measuring cup; level top with straight edge. Place in medium bowl. Add water, oil and egg. Beat with mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
  3. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
  4. Bake 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Spread or pipe frosting on top of cupcakes, as desired.
Small-batch Vanilla Frosting
Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter softened
  • 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar sifted
  • 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon milk or cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions
  • In a medium bowl, beat softened butter until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of milk or cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
  • Beat until smooth. Add up to 2 additional teaspoons of milk until frosting reaches your desired consistency.
or

Small-batch Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients
  • 2 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 4 tablespoons (2oz) unsalted butter softened*
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup (80g) powdered sugar sifted, plus up to 1/3 cup more for stiffer frosting
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions
  • In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat until well-mixed and fluffy.
  • Add powdered sugar and salt and continue to beat until sugar is completely incorporated and frosting is smooth and creamy. For a stiffer frosting, add up to 1/3 cup more of powdered sugar. Enjoy!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
From about 2009-2014 I used to make my own THC butter for edibles when I lived in CO.
The butter was then used to make chocolate chip cookies that were extremely delicious; not too crispy, not too cake like, but a nice balance in-between.
Due to how good they tasted, a disclaimer was given with each cookie to not exceed 1 cookie.
Man did I make some $$$ during those years.

That led to me dabbling in regular baking, and now I do the baking in the house.
I use my Grand-pop’s pie and pie crust recipe, which is dynamite.
And I enjoy baking cakes and the likes.

@Havanaaddict those scones look amazing!

I’m nowhere near the level of you guys

Last edited:

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You gotta stop posting these! Again with the temptation Think I'll go have a bowl of Greek yogurt with cinnamon and Splenda. Oh boy
I can't stop I have to bake its the only thing that is keeping me sane with this Covid
So without further ado
I tried something new and they are a HUGE hit with the family!!!
Coconut Macaroons & Coconut Macaroons Chocolate dipped
IMG_8964.JPG

Close up
IMG_8963.JPG

Chocolate dipped (or the mounds cookie) :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8862.JPG