What's new

any benny hinn fans?

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
or how about drowning pool?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpC7olXbhCQ"]YouTube - Benny Hinn No-Touch Knockout Nonsense[/ame]

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Thought you were talking about Benny Hill..... I do not know this guy I guess.
i like benny hill better!
this is one of those evangelists, obviously. he went through a deal a few years ago where he asked his faithful viewers to send money in with their prayer requets. some news guy went through his dumpster and found all the envelopes opened with the requests still in them, but miracle of miracles, the cash was GONE!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
terrible video, but i liked the music

wonder if all those people were really knocked out?:hammersma

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
All I'll say is this...sometimes it's easy to confuse a different culture with a false experience. A lot of things about Revivalist culture are, well let's face it, pretty strange to those who aren't familiar with it.

However, that doesn't mean that the experiences are false or that there is no value in it for someone who has the balls to experience God for himself/herself. Most don't have the stones to really seek God, and so people like Benny Hinn who are culturally strange to us make easy targets.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I prefer Robert Tilton ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_BhlFjuToU&feature=related"]YouTube - Ultimate Farting Preacher[/ame]

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If you look into it, Oral Roberts (the first documented case of "send me your money and god will love you more") Jim Haggee, Joyce Myers, Benny Hinn, Richard Roberts, and a couple of other BIG evangelists that had ties to O.R.U. (most were on the B.O.D.) are currently or have or will be investigated for criminal activity..

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
All I'll say is this...sometimes it's easy to confuse a different culture with a false experience. A lot of things about Revivalist culture are, well let's face it, pretty strange to those who aren't familiar with it.

However, that doesn't mean that the experiences are false or that there is no value in it for someone who has the balls to experience God for himself/herself. Most don't have the stones to really seek God, and so people like Benny Hinn who are culturally strange to us make easy targets.
and i have no problem with those that are in it for the right reasons. but if it's to make a buck at the expense of people looking to save their souls, then i believe that person will burn in hell.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
If you look into it, Oral Roberts (the first documented case of "send me your money and god will love you more") Jim Haggee, Joyce Myers, Benny Hinn, Richard Roberts, and a couple of other BIG evangelists that had ties to O.R.U. (most were on the B.O.D.) are currently or have or will be investigated for criminal activity..

Benny Hinn and Joyce Meyer were part of a Senate financial oversight committee investigation that was looking at large religious non-profit ministries (including their own) to insure that they were operating their finances in a way that was both appropriate to the donors and correct as far as tax and regulatory obligations. Hinn and Meyers operate fully transparent and open financial records anyway, and were accused of no wrongdoing whatsoever.

The Senator in charge of the committee stated that those two ministries are an example to all of above-the-board dealings and complete cooperation with the government.

Neither of those two persons or ministries are shady or in any way state that "if you give God will love you more." They are simply doing what they feel they are called to do (humanitarian aid, missions work, schools, tv and radio messages, etc. etc.), all of which relies solely on the donations of others--as is the case with all non-profit groups.

As far as their personal finances go, both of these two individuals make their money from their books and private speaking engagements, and at least at one point in time were actually taking no salary whatsoever from the donations to the ministry. This is also common practice among Christian ministries--working for free provided you have other means of income.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Benny Hinn and Joyce Meyer were part of a Senate financial oversight committee investigation that was looking at large religious non-profit ministries (including their own) to insure that they were operating their finances in a way that was both appropriate to the donors and correct as far as tax and regulatory obligations. Hinn and Meyers operate fully transparent and open financial records anyway, and were accused of no wrongdoing whatsoever.

The Senator in charge of the committee stated that those two ministries are an example to all of above-the-board dealings and complete cooperation with the government.

Neither of those two persons or ministries are shady or in any way state that "if you give God will love you more." They are simply doing what they feel they are called to do (humanitarian aid, missions work, schools, tv and radio messages, etc. etc.), all of which relies solely on the donations of others--as is the case with all non-profit groups.

As far as their personal finances go, both of these two individuals make their money from their books and private speaking engagements, and at least at one point in time were actually taking no salary whatsoever from the donations to the ministry. This is also common practice among Christian ministries--working for free provided you have other means of income.
I do not claim to be an expert on him, but everything I know about this guy makes him seem like he is just another wacko trying to use religon to make a buck.

Didnt he say God would deal with all gays in America in 1995, or something. Maybe I got the wrong guy but isn't this the guy that has had a bunch of wacky prophecies that have not come true?

Edit: yep thats guy I was thinking of http://www.sherrytalkradio.com/hinn/index.htm

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Don't forget Rev. Ike. "Have you touched God today? Send me $20.00 and I will send you a touch from God." Rev. Ike was a wealthy man.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Every time I looked at this thread I thought, what the heck, can't he see that he spelled Hill wrong, why doesn't he go edit it. Unique video to say the least.