What's new

any benny hinn fans?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I do not claim to be an expert on him, but everything I know about this guy makes him seem like he is just another wacko trying to use religon to make a buck.

Didnt he say God would deal with all gays in America in 1995, or something. Maybe I got the wrong guy but isn't this the guy that has had a bunch of wacky prophecies that have not come true?

Edit: yep thats guy I was thinking of http://www.sherrytalkradio.com/hinn/index.htm

There are wackos out there and there are crooks, but my point was that just because someone is culturally very different does not mean he's either of those. Evangelists--whether on tv or not--are not in it to make a buck. There have been a few of those crooks, yes, but that doesn't mean that they're all crooks or that they're in it to try to get rich (there are MUCH easier ways to get rich, anyway).

Whatever your profession is, there are some people who've had that profession and have also been crooks or some other sort of lousy person. That doesn't mean that YOU are a crook. It's easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Revivalist culture does seem very odd to most people, but judging people based on cultural differences--long tradition though it has--tends to leave one wanting. Saying that someone is a crook because they happen to preach on TV and come from a very different culture is just plain silly. I'm not saying that what anyone here meant, of course.

As to the issue of prophesy, well, we'd need a whole forum to devote to that subject, lol.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There are wackos out there and there are crooks, but my point was that just because someone is culturally very different does not mean he's either of those. Evangelists--whether on tv or not--are not in it to make a buck. There have been a few of those crooks, yes, but that doesn't mean that they're all crooks or that they're in it to try to get rich (there are MUCH easier ways to get rich, anyway).

Whatever your profession is, there are some people who've had that profession and have also been crooks or some other sort of lousy person. That doesn't mean that YOU are a crook. It's easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Revivalist culture does seem very odd to most people, but judging people based on cultural differences--long tradition though it has--tends to leave one wanting. Saying that someone is a crook because they happen to preach on TV and come from a very different culture is just plain silly. I'm not saying that what anyone here meant, of course.

As to the issue of prophesy, well, we'd need a whole forum to devote to that subject, lol.

I am not saying that all evangelists are crooks, allthough yes in my opinion most are, I was just saying that this particular guy appears to be a crook, and a nut job, dateline investigated him, so did some place in Austrailia, but then I am kind of on the extreme when it comes to my view on organized religion.....

But if we want to get on that subject we should start a thread in the debate room...:smile:

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I think the more productive debate might be this:

Benny Hill vs Monty Python

Personally, I've never been a huge Benny Hill fan, but like Monty Python a lot. I think Fawlty Towers is the best British comedy ever, though. I'm a fan of The Office too.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I was under the impression that Benny Hinn did not cooperate with the government but I could be wrong.

Whether he is right or wrong in his monetary actions is up open to debate but any preacher that says "I can take the Holy Spirit from and and give it back, take it and give it back" is misunderstanding the Bible to say the least or a "nut job" out to defraud his followers to say the worst.