What's new

Any Chess Players Here?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Besides coffee & cigars, one of my other passions is playing chess. I've been playing since I was about 10 years old & I really love the game. I played competitively (tournaments) in High School & college, but I mainly play on an app called "Social Chess" now. Just wondering if any brothers here like to play and maybe would be be up for a game sometime. I have the same username there as I do here if anyone is interested.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Used to play alot of lightning chess on gameknot.
very much out of practice att..

a wonderful game to pair with a smoke

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love chess, but I'm nowhere close to good enough to play against someone who played competitive chess (at any age :)). A few years ago, my neighbor had a visitor from Hungary at his house for a couple of weeks. He was some sort of "master" chess player (not sure what level). I played him several times and he beat me within 10 moves most of the time. Eventually, he let me set the board up however I wanted prior to the start of the game, and he still won every time. There are some amazing chess players out there.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I like playing, but it's like golf for me... I have no idea what I'm doing. It's fun and something I do with my dad. Anybody who plays frequently, or is really good at math, will take me to the cleaners every single time.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I tried to get into it a few years ago, and sporadically since; but there is so little interest that I never have anyone to play with. Great game tho.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm in the same boat as the others Java! I however wouldn't mind a good schoolin lol. Any chance that "social chess" is online? or just an app?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'm in the same boat as the others Java! I however wouldn't mind a good schoolin lol. Any chance that "social chess" is online? or just an app?
It's just an app as far as I know. Pretty sure it's available on iOS & Android though. Challenge me to a game if you end up downloading it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to be really into chess, but I, like many others, am incredibly rusty, like bolt broke clean off rusty, lol, I'm gonna have to download the app, an get a schooling or fifty. I love "brain games" anything that makes you think and challenges the norm!

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I like to play against myself. That way I never lose.

Although when I did play back when, I did not lose either. (granted I never played any European chess masters.)