What's new

Any Denver brothers? What to do in town?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Wife and I flying in to Denver next Friday night to start a trip around Colorado. We're in Denver all day Saturday, then going to see a show at the Ogden theater.

What is a thing or two I should make sure we do / see /eat / drink around the LoDo area? Rumor has it there is a lot of beer in the area :)

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
We both like Mexican a lot, seafood (and sushi), but neither of us is picky. We're real close to 16 street mall, at the Magnolia hotel. Getting in town late Friday, Saturday in Denver, Sunday late morning/early afternoon, we're heading up through Boulder to Ft Collins.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
For Mexican food check out Tamayo it's not cheap but very good! Random hotdogs ie. reindeer try biker jim's. Not a sushi guy but word is Hapa is great. Ocean Prime was good for seafood and if you sit upstairs they have a great view over larimer street. Euclid Hall and Bar is also nice. Sorry don't spend much time in Denver more in boulder for sure.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Pizzeria Locale, Snooze for breakfast/lunch Bohemian Biergarten are all by pearl street. Fate brewery or on your way to FoCo Oskar Blues brewery. If it's just beer I could list breweries all day haha.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Pizzeria Locale, Snooze for breakfast/lunch Bohemian Biergarten are all by pearl street. Fate brewery or on your way to FoCo Oskar Blues brewery. If it's just beer I could list breweries all day haha.
Oh nice, man, love Dales pale ale. Thanks again wicket! Really appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You can make a full day of it just on the16th St Mall. Plenty to do food, drink, shopping, sites.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I would bump breakfast/brunch at Snooze to the top of the list.

Also, Great Divide is close to downtown and Wynkoop is over by the mall.

If you're planning to try to tour New Belgium, you have to put your name on the list on their website weeks in advance, else you're gonna have to fly "standby". Also, O'Dell is about a quarter-mile away from NB, and it was my favorite of the breweries i toured when I was up there.

Enjoy, bro!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
You guys rock! Snooze was one of the places that I already had on the wish list, so I'll make that happen. Also, shit, a buddy JUST gave me a bottle of Odell 90 shillings last week. That thing was great. Might have to check that one out because it's seeming like fate.

Really appreciate the help brothers!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
thanks again guys! heading out this afternoon (provided the rain doesn't have too much to say about things). I'll let you know how we make out and what we do.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Day one in Denver was great. 16th street mall in the am. Brewery tour in the afternoon (great divide, jagged mountain, falling rock, wynkoop). Then the show at the Ogden (which was awesome). Then late food, drinks at Steuben's.

Off to Snooze for breakfast now!

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Day one in Denver was great. 16th street mall in the am. Brewery tour in the afternoon (great divide, jagged mountain, falling rock, wynkoop). Then the show at the Ogden (which was awesome). Then late food, drinks at Steuben's.

Off to Snooze for breakfast now!
Good times happy your enjoying my area!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Wicket (et Al), thanks again for all the recommendations! Awesome trip so far!!

And funny that this place is right across the street... Wish I brought one of these to smoke tonight. Have to make due with a nice rustica.