What's new

Any Firefly fans here?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Are there any Firefly fans here at BOTL? That's probably my favorite TV show of all time, and the subsequent movie Serenity was great too. It's such a great postmodern show with a sweet premise.

Anyway, the lead actor in Firefly, Nathan Fillion, is the star of the new show Castle--which is definitely the best new show of 2009 in the opinion of myself and my family. Over Halloween Castle's character did a reprise of his Firefly roll in this little clip that will be very fun for you Browncoats out there how missed it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQCwM8Ts7w"]YouTube- Richard Castle in very convincing Malcolm Reynolds costume[/ame]

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Ha that's a good clip. I need to catch up with that show when it's on DVD.
It's a really fun show. I'm not usually into cop shows, but this one is more light-hearted (sorta like Monk). Nathan Fillion's "Castle" character is just plain great tv.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Summer Glau is smokin hot! I'll watch anything with her in it including an old Angel rerun!

MP.

Doesn't buy Altadis
Rating - 96.2%
37   1   0
I love Firefly. For whatever reason, I never started watching Castle. I'll probably catch up with it before the second season starts.

That clip is very funny!

DSturg369

Pipe Smokin' Country Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and I both love the FireFly series and Serenity movie. Have the DVD's and watch 'em often. It was a true shame that the show was cut so soon.

tenuki

Maduro Maniac
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ya, a big fan here, but not to the level of the browncoats - those guys are crazy....

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Man I loved Firefly, everyone complains about all the garbage on tv, then a great show like this comes along and gets cut short. this and Farscape are two shows i miss the most but farscape got a good run

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My wife thinks it's funny that any time Nathan Fillion shows up on a TV show or movie, I have to point out to her that "There's Captain Mal!"

Thankfully, Castle has been pretty fun to watch as well, but I do really miss Firefly.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Loved the series and hoped that they would have continued. Serenity was good, but as a separate piece. Series and movie felt disjointed.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Firefly and Serenity were great. My wife is a big fan of Joss Whedon and she got me into them. It sucks when they cancel a good show and keep adding a bunch of bullshit reality crap. Nathan Fillion is a good actor and I agree with strife, Summer Glau :drool:

I saw that episode of Castle (we watch that now) and thought that Halloween clip was pretty funny.