What's new

any one use Gamo Air Rifles

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I am looking into a new air rifle. The gamo rifles seem pretty good. I want the whisper Fusion pro. .177. Do any of the brothers have experance with these rifles?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Had a Whisper, not sure which model. Actually I might still have it somewhere. I was rather disappointed by it, as very little seemed to work as advertised.

Since it's not an actual firearm, I really have no qualifications to rate air rifles. But, still, it did not live up to my expectations.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Not what I was hoping from mine. Spent a long time trying to get it zeroed, but I think there's a good amount of deflection / wiggle room in the barrel to action joint.
On irons though, which were barrel mounted (as opposed to the receiver mounted scope) it was very accurate.
Not as powerful as I'd like for reliable critter control.

I'd like to buy another air rifle, but I think I'd prefer it be a fixed barrel, less room for changes. Haven't tried Benjamin or RWS lately. Had a Benjamin about 10 years ago that grew legs one day and never came home.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They make .22 pellet rifles as well.

If you are set on a .177 break barrel an RWS model 34 is basically the standard, add some good glass and you have a really nice rifle. Do you have a budget in mind?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
They make .22 pellet rifles as well.

If you are set on a .177 break barrel an RWS model 34 is basically the standard, add some good glass and you have a really nice rifle. Do you have a budget in mind?
200 or 300 bucks. I may have to go higher.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ruger airhawk/black hawk is a good option in that price range for a .177, they are both the same rifle just wood vs synthetic stock. Its basically an asian made RWS Diana clone. I have seen them on sale for as little as 65 bucks for just the rifle at big 5 so you will have plenty of $$ left over for a scope and rings. I wouldn't really buy anything that is combo'd with a scope, buy good glass separately.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not what I was hoping from mine. Spent a long time trying to get it zeroed, but I think there's a good amount of deflection / wiggle room in the barrel to action joint.
On irons though, which were barrel mounted (as opposed to the receiver mounted scope) it was very accurate.
Not as powerful as I'd like for reliable critter control.

I'd like to buy another air rifle, but I think I'd prefer it be a fixed barrel, less room for changes. Haven't tried Benjamin or RWS lately. Had a Benjamin about 10 years ago that grew legs one day and never came home.
That is what I found with the Gamo that I bought. I took it back and bought a RWS and have had no regrets. The thing is just a tack driver with my 8X12 scope. One pump and I get 1100FPS with the .177

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own the Stoeger ATAC suppressor model .22 pellet. This thing is awesome and very accurate. Makes hardly any noise