What's new

Any Paintballers Out There...?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its been about two months since I have played... sad.
I got you beat by a lot there. I played XPSL/NPPL in 07-08, took a couple years off after knee surgery and sold all my gear. Ended up playing for a friend's team for PSP Phoenix in 2010, but that's the last real action I've seen. Been really missing it lately. My oldest boy is 8 so I think I'll get him started soon and then I'll get back into it as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I was playing at the same time in the same leagues. Pretty much wrapped up my paintball career right after that timeframe.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
God, I don't remember the last time I saw a Quest anywhere - even online. Cool markers.

Even my Ego8 is "out-dated" now. Sad.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have probably owned 15-20 quests altogether... OG's, 07's and even the tanked quest. I used to have a very big gun whoring issue years back.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Played often when I was stationed at an overseas Air Force base that had three great woodland layouts. Loved the strategic and tactical aspects, teamwork and communication. When I moved back to the states, there were only 'speed' type outfits and players around. I still do not understand the attraction of that type of game. Uses up ten times the amount of paint, relies on luck to a large degree and games might only last 60-90 seconds. Capture the Flag and Defend just seemed so much more satisfying. The games were memorable enough that we still talk about some of them a dozen years later.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Uses up ten times the amount of paint, relies on luck to a large degree and games might only last 60-90 seconds.
I have been around paintball and played both styles for lots of years and I would have to respectfully, but totally disagree with you there.

1) Paint - Depends on how you play. I would venture a guess that I used more paint during rec/woods ball than during speedball style play.

2) Luck - Maybe to a degree during "pick-up" play on the weekends, but if you go into a tournament without well thought out and practiced game plans...You will get straight up ROLLED! No matter how lucky you are. Teamwork and communication are ESSENTIAL in speedball.

3) Short games - Sometimes...but the more you play you will find that the 60 second games really are a rarity unless a really good team is just out beating up on some noobs.

I respect your preference for woods ball...tourney style isn't for everyone.
It would probably surprise you to see all the work that goes into playing for a competitive speedball team. Hours of studying field layouts, game planning, weeks of practice, drills, scrimmages.

. The games were memorable enough that we still talk about some of them a dozen years later.
In my "career" I played thousands of games and me and my teammates still remember and talk about specific games from specific tournaments just like you stated.

Don't judge the game without REALLY getting to know it. Speed and woods are very different animals, but make no mistake, BOTH require skill, communication, teamwork, and tactics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Hey guys just saw this here. I don't paintball anymore and never did really get into it. I bought this and then it stopped working. A friend of mine said the trigger is broke. That means nothing to me. I'm guessing something to do with electronics. The tank was a used tank when i got the gun new. Its just sitting around here. If anyone wants to trade for some cigars let me know. I know I'm a noob still so I'll send it out first and you can wait till you get it. I'll take the risk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What are the hot tournament markers these days? I have an old Autococker that I've worked on over the years. I havent paintballed for at least 6 years though.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have an emag and a PBX viking but haven't used then in a couple years. Guess I should sell them.

Used to play every weekend.

I was the old man that everyone thought would be an easy kill lol.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2