What's new

Any rum guys here? What are ya drinking?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I enjoy my rums, but dont usually drink them as much until it gets warmer. I'm a Foursquare fan, but also drink some Jamaican.

My most recent pours have been Real McCoy 12 yr, RL Seale, and Pusser's (in Dark and Stormy).

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The Diplomatico looks to be on sale so I'm going to try some this week. Can anyone recommend a good rum for mojitos?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Diplomatico looks to be on sale so I'm going to try some this week. Can anyone recommend a good rum for mojitos?
My answer probably won’t help, but I’ve seen here from a few people who visit Casa Fuente in Vegas rave about their mojitos. So I’m curious as to what they use....IMO, wouldn’t surprise me if they used bacardi.

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have my own mint plant just for mojito’s but I have been using regular Bacardi for them. I agree, there needs to be a better choice. I’m in Columbia are you local? I’m going to check out the Lyon website. I would love to get a tour and samples of their other offering.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think so much of what goes into your taste in rum is how much sugar you like in the Rum. Diplomatic Reserva is very easy to drink but it's loaded with added sugars. The Cockspur 12, and I believe all the Doorley's are low in added sugar and I prefer them straight.

Between the wide range of proofs, the source of the fermentable sugar ( Sugar Cane honey, molasses, sugar cane juice), Agricole, locations distilled and aged (Jamaica, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana etc.) , sweetness, amount of age its such a hard category to get a handle on.

kevin7mm

Known Spammer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lower shelf rum I mix with coke and lime but the better stuff like lyon and diplomatico I usually drink with just a squeeze of lime.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I actually have my own mint plant just for mojito’s but I have been using regular Bacardi for them. I agree, there needs to be a better choice. I’m in Columbia are you local? I’m going to check out the Lyon website. I would love to get a tour and samples of their other offering.
I'm in Montgomery County. I saw Lyon rum on the county web site. I might grab the white and try that in a mojito.