What's new

Any thoughts on "Sin City"?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone seen this movie? I've heard that while the movie has no moral grounding whatsoever, it's a good flick.

Thoughts...comments...criticisms?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've heard is that is really fat on visuals and styles, but low on plot lines. I've also heard they they did a poor job of stringing together story aspects from the comics.

With that said... I still plan on seeing it. It "looks" cool and I'll pay to see Jessica Alba.

Mike

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Saw it last night and will give it a A-/B+. I never did read the comics but thought the effects and story was very cool. Basically, 3 stories tied into 1 movie. Cool characters all the way through and the effects (obviously, comic book like) were great! I would suggest seeing it if you liked Kill Bill, which wasn't as good as Sin City, IMO. I'll definetly buy as a DVD...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen Kill Bill. I always wanted to, but I don't rent often and it wasn't something I was going to buy.

Mike

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
56Tweed said:
Everything I've heard is that is really fat on visuals and styles, but low on plot lines. I've also heard they they did a poor job of stringing together story aspects from the comics.

With that said... I still plan on seeing it. It "looks" cool and I'll pay to see Jessica Alba.

Mike
Saw it on Saturday and exactly correct.

The style and effects are superb. Like a dark comic book.

Needed some help with some of the story lines/dialogue - but hey - it's a comic strip - not a documentary.

The second story with Mickey Rourke was the best!!!!!!!!!

And not enough Jessica Alba .....:halfgrinw

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
N2Advnture said:
My buddy at work is really into comics and said it was dead on with the comic. He loved it.
No doubt about it, this is the truth! Great, gorry, violent guy flick!!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
My wife picked this for us to see last week.
I loved it. Great acting Mickey Rourke was phenomenal. Great writing.
I had no idea it was based on a comic book. That would have helped understand some of the plot lines. I had no idea where the movie was heading through most story line.
I will buy it once it's released.
It's intense for sure.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
We just watched this the other night and I LOVED it.
A dark Pulp Fiction. Interesting story arcs. While some parts of it are over the top I belive that is the way they are supposed to be.

I do agree Mickey Rourke was great in it. Lots of dry almost sarcastic dialoge.

Glad we bought it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I think in the comic the stories were never supposed to be connected directly, just different events that happened in sin city.

The visuals were pretty impressive. This was the first all digital life action film, meaning it was shot with digital cameras and all the effects were all computer generated.