What's new

Any Vodka drinkers here?????

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I used to think when mixing vodka it would not matter which one it was.
The mixer...ie...orange juice or bloody mary mix, would be the defining taste.
As I get older and have been exposed to grey goose I have changed my mind.

Any other vodkas that you guys enjoy?
Any other Bloody mary mix besides major peters?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
My wife just started enjoying vodka martini's. She used to just get the good ole' Stoli until she tired Grey Goose and now that is all she uses. I'm not a big alchohol drinker but I even noticed an imrovement in the drink when Grey Goose is used. I guess the French are good at something other than champagne.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Gotta love the Goose. I don't mix mine much. Not big on Bloody Maries and haven't had a Screw Driver in ages. Had a shot glass filled with crushed ice and GG the other day while smoking an Ashton Cabinet #10. My wife has a bottle of Van Gogh and won't let me open the damn thing! :lol:

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
O.K. You guys have to trust me on this, but basically, the noticeable difference b/w absolut and grey goose, which is very remarkable is the same smoothness/quality difference you'll gain from switching from the goose to Chopin, or if you must...Belvedere.

I've done alot of "research" on this topic.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Grey Goose is good stuff. Stoli Gold is my favorite, though hard to find in these parts. but for value, ketel one is good, and skyy if you are on a real budget.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Grey Goose is really good stuff, Belveder (I think that is what it's called) is not too shabby...And I was recently (at the Graycliff party) introduced to Level, and it was some damned smooth vodka!

Andrew

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm not sure how to spell it, I think its "delvor gee", at least that is how its pronounced. Very good vodka also. But can't go wrong with Kettle One or Grey Goose.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I went to a cigar and vodka tasting months back and based on that event, Ciroc vodka was the clear winner. It's frickin made of grapes but has that classic Vodka flavor without the shitty grainy bite associated with Stoli or a lot of other cheaper brands. I LOVE vodka tonics and Ciroc makes the best I've found. Give it a try, IMO, it's better then Grey goose; no joke.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I make my own vodka.. if I have to drink any other.. gray goose.. and if the purpose of the drinking is to get drunk.. poure absolute on the hot rocks in a sauna.. breath in .. and get drunk...(without drinking the stuff.. the alcohol goes into the blood via the loungs, he he he)...

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
I went to a cigar and vodka tasting months back and based on that event, Ciroc vodka was the clear winner. It's frickin made of grapes but has that classic Vodka flavor without the shitty grainy bite associated with Stoli or a lot of other cheaper brands. I LOVE vodka tonics and Ciroc makes the best I've found. Give it a try, IMO, it's better then Grey goose; no joke.
I gotta go with you on this one. Ciroc is absolutely the best out there. I think goose comes in second, then kettle (espec. for the price). I used to drink them with tonic and lime, now just straight with ice. That's why I like ciroc so much, there's no 'alcohol' taste and you can actually taste the flavor of the vodka.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
gentleman,

before you go giving the crown to some grape juice[i agree it is good] you must try the infamous Chopin. its base is potato and is quadruple distilled. its a little pricey but i beleive there is no equal. us pollacks drink alot of vodka, i think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise if you dare to try. cheers.:smt029 :smt030 =D> :smt045 chinkowski

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've had Chopin quite a few times, but it just doesn't do it for me. What I've heard, though (but haven't tried), is if you sprinkle a little black pepper on top then add the ice, it will separate the potato from the alcohol and taste much better.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Chopin and goose are my favorites.... I will occassionally drink some Belvedere and Stoli, but beyond that i really do not drink many other Vodkas... I know i am young but have been trying to educate myself on this for a while even before drinkin it.....