What's new

Any XD-S Owners on Board?

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking of getting a .45 Springfield Armory XD-S and wondered if anybody here owns/owned one and, if so, what you thought of the gun. TIA.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Had to shoot one at the state IDPA match. Not impressed in the slightest, though they finally decreased the level of suck with that gun by changing the functionality of the grip safety.
For a small gun like that, I recommend the Shield, PPS, and/or Beretta Nano. There's also the beloved J-frame.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A buddy picked one up recently and likes it. I think the xd/glock/m+p is a chevy/ford type of thing. Much personal preference involved, but at the end of the day they should all serve you well.

Go to the toy store and handle some, rent some, then come to your own consensus.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now but they don't stay on the shelves long around here.

My boss picked one up for Christmas and absolutely loves it. I will agree with the Chevy/Ford reference though... all boils down to your own personal preference.

Phil

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Have one, love it. The Ford/Chevy reference is dang near perfect, its all about feel for you and what you want. I personally hate Glocks because of the way they feel in my hands, but I love my XDS b/c of the way it feels...
Good luck and enjoy.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've handled a few but they don't work for me.

I carry a M&P 9c. Thought about getting a M&P Shield but not much difference in size between them so I got a Ruger LCP for when I don't feel like carrying the 9.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I carry a M&P 9c. Thought about getting a M&P Shield but not much difference in size between them so I got a Ruger LCP for when I don't feel like carrying the 9.
Me too. My daily carry depends on the weather. If I am wearing heavy clothes, I carry a Kahr CM9 in a paddle holster on my hip. If I'm wearing lighter clothes or I don't feel like carrying the Kahr, I carry an LCP or a Kel-Tec P3AT in a Recluse pocket holster.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been doing more research until I can get to the range and try an XDS. Interesting results. Specifically, I was looking to compare the XDS with the Kahr PM45 (which will be joined by a lower-priced version, the CM45, later this year). There were quite a few threads, including threads on the XD owners forum and on the Kahr owners forum. First, I went to the XD forum. Not surprisingly, most of the posts favored the XDS. Then I went to the Kahr foum. I found that almost all of the posts favored the... (drumroll)... XDS! That was quite a shocker, since most gun owners and forum posters have a fairly keen sense of brand loyalty.

Just thought I'd share and keep you all updated on my little project.