What's new

Anybody else in the way of IDA

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Touched base with Texican and Gravelface already but check in if you expect a unwelcome visitor in the next day or two. I spent yesterday repairing the generator, filling the cars with fuel and checking supplies. Final cleanup tomorrow and may spend the rest of the day cooking just in case we get hit as hard as it looks. The stores are out of water, toilet paper and paper towels already

We need to have a good night's sleep tonight so wife and I are drinking heavily. That reminds me, make more ice!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man I am praying for y'all. Supposed to be a cat 3 at landfall? Y'all have that pool to grab water from to flush toilets (and emergency bathe) if need be so that's good. Hope it loses a bit of strength before it hits.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. As of now it looks like St. Tammany Parish can expect 50 to 60s, a far cry better then our friends just a bit west of us. I can sleep through tropical storm force winds. Out walking around checking with neighbors, amazing how everyone kind of joins together at a time like this.

There again, done all that can be done, just need to stay alert to make sure no one gets hurt

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Man. Y'all don't need any more of this crap hitting over there. :( Glad to hear that you're as prepped as can be.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nervous energy is an amazing thing. Neighbor decided with feeder bands dumping rain on us that now is a good time to change the oil in his generator. Needless to say he realized he couldn't get it done and then the weather proof cover wouldn't go back on. We ratchet strapped it down to get through the next 24 hours. Got him to help me clear the ditch between our property and he was able to vent some of that excess energy. Wife decided to pick the plants up off the ground under the patio, because she didn't want them to get wet if the water came up....?

I think this might be a 4 cigar day, trying to stay away from the alcohol. Parish just announced a noon curfew so no one allowed on the road in another hour or so. Not that there is anywhere to go. So far just some pretty heavy rain and medium to light winds.

Interesting thing wife was looking on Zillow for a fishing camp on Grand Isle and in Plaquemines Parish, I'm pretty sure that search has been put on hold.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved into a temp house while we list our property. This new house has piss poor drainage. Been out in the rain trying to dig a channel in 18” of water. It’s about 3” below the bricks on the northwest corner. I’m about to get everything off the floor before I go to bed

Neighbor from old house just text to let me know one of my garage doors was blow in ....

Tomorrow is gonna be fun

Last edited:

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@Boudie, you always have a room in Arkansas brother, that goes for avoiding storms as well as stopping in for a smoke.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk