What's new

Anybody else in the way of IDA

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Boudie, you always have a room in Arkansas brother, that goes for avoiding storms as well as stopping in for a smoke.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thanks my friend we have a good setup to deal with these things it's just a pain in the backside and seems to happen a lot more often then it used to. Wife is checking on her staff and it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. She should have a room in Hattiesburg Wednesday so she can help with claims I'll stay with the dogs and keep cleaning up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
164267E6A7F5FE-06D4-45A3-8E78-CBA4A655CF47.jpeg

fine early morning roll call. Cutting downed trees for 14 hours yesterday to get into neighborhoods.

taking time fir a morning smoke before the day starts.

even after a bad storm. That sunrise is still inspirational. Cold shower, no Ac, kids bored, wife cranky, but damn.....it’s a fine dayE13B293A-8C79-4FD4-A84E-5E89071653F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finally got power. Wife in a hotel in Hattiesburg trying to get work done. Had internet for about 10 minutes so she cant come home yet. Incredible lines for fuel and supplies. Mount Boudie in yard from down trees and branches. I've had a box of cigars sitting in a hot ups truck since thursday can wait to see their condition.

@Gravelface. How are you doing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the 3 car shed is the source of main concern. All my man-cave / work tools / smoker / part time gun cleaning “business”. Weights. Workout equipment (literal tons of plates, complete set of dumbbells 5lbs to 150lbs, and a half cow in a deep freezer. Antique armoire. Generator. Fence down, roof damage

the 12-16 work days. Then working extra detail midnight - 6am. I’m not even sure when I can clean this.

not to mention a small oak on my property, rootball ripped up my chain link fence and his wood fence.

Can’t wait to work, soon as I’m off of “work”

but I’ve got a solid roof over my families head. I “appropriate” a few hot meals at the end of my shift so my family has something more than cold MREs.

never underestimate the morale boost of a hot meal!!! Sent the son to a friends house to go boating and shooting. I just wish I had more time with them to be their “rock”. But I do enjoy the cigar at night at the extra detail.

couple more nice smokes to keep my nights occupied and I’d be right as rain!!!!!

when this slows down, call me and I’ll come help with anything you need !!!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sounds like you need the extra set of hands. Keep in touch I'll be happy to put on a pair of work gloves for you

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Crazy Some woman in Picayune MS went bat shit crazy at all the Louisiana people buying gas. Started threatening people and screaming "your taking OUR gas" the sheriff had to be called to calm her down. aside from bat shit crazy she's also not very smart, willing to bet the crude came from a well in Louisiana or off the Louisiana coast and was refined along the River south of Baton Rouge. What would happen to Picayune MS gasoline if Governor Edwards turned the tap off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the past days have been a hoot. Fist fights over 2 gallons of gas. More guns and knives pulled for cutting in line.

I can’t wait for a real disaster....like the internet going down

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working this hurricane I was expecting the basics, cutting trees from roads, fights in gas lines, burglaries, possible looting.
But no, today I get called to a 12 foot Burmese Python in a fellas back yard. It was his and he only discovered it due to clearing his yard from the storm. I searched for 45 minutes but couldn’t find it, I gave the fella my number to call me anytime it shows up.
He believes when his neighbor went to prison a couple years ago, the guys family just tossed the snakes in the yard.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any missing pets in the area?

You heard about the man that got taken by an alligator here in Slidell? There was a large gator visiting the backyards of Avery Estates. A woman saw her husband get grabbed and when she got back from calling 911 apparently he was gone. First thing that comes to mind is Internet falsehood but there seems to pretty credible police reports.

I'm thinking ......if I wanted to get rid of someone, how and when would I do it?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did hear about that one, the Sheriff was reporting it as a death last I heard.

South Louisiana, you’re certainly not the top of the food chain!