What's new

Anybody have a vacation planned this summer?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wife and I have reservations in the Florida Keys at the end of June. Stop in Tampa to visit Ybor for a few days on the way home

She has to burn some vacation time and we're thinking it shouldn't be that crowded with hotels only keeping 50% occupancy. Figure we better get away incase the virus kicks back in this fall.

Anyone else trying to sneak in a summer vacation? Did the pandemic influence how you made your plans?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Dran if you ever make it down here hit me up, I know all the good places!! We've basically spent 2 months in our living room and the walls have begun to speak to us!

I'm afraid cruising days are over for us. We where planning a family reunion on a Canada/New England cruise next year and I've already bowed out.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
also going to the keys in july, got an airbnb. originally had a cruise planned, but you know. trying to decide if i want to get a box of ccs for the trip or make a stop in little havana to get some padrons from the source.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Used a week of my vacation time last week and did some landscaping around my house.

Actually quite relaxing!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We had to cancel our trip to Portugal the first week of June. Booked Key West end of August. We love KW, 10th trip there, so a nice compromise. We are still a little disappointed though, but life goes on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@acer999 Have you ever been to Padron's Tampa headquarters? I visited shortly after the old man's passing, got talking to the receptionist about Mr. Padron and I never really asked if I could buy cigars.

We are staying across from the state park on Key Largo. They offer snorkel lessons, gear and trips but are not yet taking reservations. Pretty good reviews

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@Boudie, just a matter of time till we get there! That's still on the list, seeing the way cruise lines handled things, and the rediculous wait for them to give me money back that only took them mere minutes to take out of my account, don't think I'll go on any more myself. Cruising is fun for the cruise, but if you wanna see the destination you should just fly there!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
May take a week or two off but won't go anywhere. Not because of being afraid of the virus, just don't have anything planned.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Boudie you mean Miami? either way, i have only ever been to the orlando area. this is my first trip to the keys.
Yea, sorry about that. Been putting the final touches on my trip and my memory was blurred. The corporate office in Little Havana

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Trip to Dallas scheduled for early May was cancelled.

California next month also cancelled.

Still holding out hope for a couple other trips I had planned for August and September.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was going to book a hotel at longboat key for memorial day week, but called and their spa was still closed among other things. Still waiting till things get more back to normal. Lots of vacation time to burn though and I really feel like I need a vacation or 2 or 3....

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Was hoping I’d be able to take the fam out west this summer - badlands, black hills, devil’s tower, CO rockies - but decided we wouldn’t have time for that. Settled for rocky mtn natl park but haven’t had time to plan it. Maybe we’ll still do that, maybe we’ll settle for something closer to home, at this point I’d settle for a weekend of camping at a local state park

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a teacher, so my whole summer is vacation! Too bad I live on a Reservation in South Dakota that's on lock down. Supposed to have an approved travel permit to leave the Rez, and if I go out of state, I must self-quarantine for two weeks when I get back. Also no fishing on Rez until further notice. (public lake/pond)