What's new

Anybody participate in track days

dennisking

Occasional smoker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last few years, my brother has been doing track day events at various tracks here in the Northwest. I've been to a few with him as a second driver in his car since I haven't had a need to own a car for about 4 years now (dealer demo car). Now that my job has changed, I chose to buy a fun, track capable street car that is cheap to own and modify but good as a daily driver. I chose a Mini Cooper S as in my earlier years, I used to track a GTI and am familiar with FWD on the track. Anyway, just wondering if any of you all do track days and if so, what do you run.

Obligatory pics of the car:

my last car that I used for Solo I H Stock class

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Wanted to track my bike back in the day and never did. Use to hit the local auto-x with my GTI for a little while. Still into VW's dennisking ?

dennisking

Occasional smoker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to track my bike back in the day and never did. Use to hit the local auto-x with my GTI for a little while. Still into VW's dennisking ?
I appreciate lot's of Vdubs and would own a Corrado again (had 2 92's)but I can't fit in a Rado with a helmet on and my tastes have changed over time.
the track day was a blast. The Cooper S was fairly nimble and quicker on the straights in traffic than I assumed it would be. Pulling past an RX8 and E36 M3 were both surprises. My only mods are a smaller supercharger pulley and intake. The need for real track tires became very evident as well as higher temp brake fluid and better pads. I will be getting some ATE Super Blue brake fluid and some track pads soon while saving money for the track tires. After that, it's a harness and seat. The car has the power to put down but can't maintain traction.
My MINI, my brothers 911, and my Dad's Corvette

Naughty Stig

Sorry, no action shots. They are copyrighted on a photographers website.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
A friend of mine had a pretty nice Cooper S and it was fun to drive.

I have had several watercooled cars, my biggest build was a 98 Ginster yellow GTi. Put a Shicimmel built VR motor in it with a T04 60-1 P trim wheel turbo, water to air IC, short runner mani and plenty of other goodies. Now I am into air cooled cars, first was a 67 squareback that I slammed on its nuts and now I have my slammed 67 split window kombi.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to set my civic up for auto cross next year. Or I might get engine parts from my buddy that just popped off a 7.99 in a civic. Don't know yet.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sorry a 7.99 quarter. Wtf is in that thing. I use to run a 92 Toyota Celica GTFour awd. I then swapped the motor out for the supra 2JZ motor dual charged (twin turbo and supercharged) the monster used to put out 826hp at the wheels and 912ft tq. I am a very precise shifter and the best I ran on the quarter was 8.78.

Was he running nitrous cause that is beast.

Sent from my Tapatalk 2 using iPhone. Bahahahaha ass backwards.