What's new

Anybody use an ionizer in their vehicle?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had one that worked well for the time that it said it would... but they only last a few months at the best...

so I guess I am saying if the price is right go for it

univibe88

Slidell 4 Life
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put your a/c on full blast and select only the floor vents. The crack your driver's side window just a few inches. The smoke will blow right out the window. Ash your cigar into a cup that you take with you as soon as you leave the car and NEVER leave ashes or a butt in your car.

Every once and while febreze the seats and windex the inside of the windows. You'll be all set. I follow this and my wife has no idea I smoke in my car.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Mark (N2Adventure) had a great thread about smoking in your car... let me see if i can find it...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Put your a/c on full blast and select only the floor vents. The crack your driver's side window just a few inches. The smoke will blow right out the window. Ash your cigar into a cup that you take with you as soon as you leave the car and NEVER leave ashes or a butt in your car.

Every once and while febreze the seats and windex the inside of the windows. You'll be all set. I follow this and my wife has no idea I smoke in my car.
With all due respect, air conditioning in cars tend to be closed systems, re-cycling air. Once the smoke is into you air system, it is difficult to get out. Glad this seems to work for you but for me its inevitable, you smoke in the car, it will smell of cigars.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
With all due respect, air conditioning in cars tend to be closed systems, re-cycling air. Once the smoke is into you air system, it is difficult to get out. Glad this seems to work for you but for me its inevitable, you smoke in the car, it will smell of cigars.

I agree with Chuck. Pure Ayre works wonders after the fact and is non toxic. Mark at Cigarmony sells the stuff. I use it and it works as advertized.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
new law. you're not allowed to smoke in your car anymore. and, you have to wear a helmet.
Ok I know the helmet is BS, but I heard something about smoking in your car, but I though that was only with Kids in the car. It's about time we passed that one. Please tell me that I am still allowed to stoggie up on the way home from work.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I agree with Chuck. Pure Ayre works wonders after the fact and is non toxic. Mark at Cigarmony sells the stuff. I use it and it works as advertized.
I'll second Pure Ayre = great stuff. Last summer I occasionally had a cigar on the drive home from work. I usually have the front windows partially open + sunroof fully open while smoking. Then when I get home I hit the floor and headliner with a couple sprays of Pure Ayre. My wife is a non smoker and she could not smell any cigar odor the following morning.

FWIW ... I have used ionizers in previous cars for odor removal. The small cigarette lighter powered ones are generally a waste of $$ as it takes several days to do the job. I have a room sized Ionic Breeze that I ran via an extension cord and it did a good job after about 8 hours. You do need to keep the ashtray clean and never leave extinguished cigars inside the car.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry to get off the subject of Ionizers;

CA residents --

"As of January 1st, 2008, a new law will take effect that prohibits drivers from smoking in their car.

The new law that outlaws smoking while driving is enforced when there are children in the vehicle. Driving while smoking in your car, will cost you one hundred dollars in fines. However, the smoking ban is not intended for the motorist's health or safety. The law was established to protect passengers from secondhand smoke."

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I own a pick-up truck. Nonsmokers (that complain) have to ride in the back! You can walk or "Man-up to the smoke and enjoy"!

We rode in back a lot while growing up. My Dad used to "chew". If you was in back, you'd better be own your toes when he decided to spit!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
No on the ionizer but I have considered them a tie or two.

On rant. The California law is an attempt to legislate out Darwin. Any idiot that smokes with young children in the car will limit their gene pool. If you have ever sat in the back seat while someone smoked even with the window cracked, (as many of us did growing up), you know the smoke reaches the back. I choose to smoke cigars. I know the risks, I know the possibilities and I still choose to smoke cigars. I will not submit someone else to my choice without their consent or ability to understand. Its sad that this has to come down to legislation when it is common sense. End rant.