What's new

Anyone a dune-atic?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I live a couple hundred miles from the Glamis sand dunes. I've been a duner for over 25 years. It truly is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Check this out. I wish I could have done this as a kid. This is not photoshop either.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnf17cp3Eg&NR=1"]YouTube - Kid does awesome sandrail wheelie at Glamis Dunes.[/ame]

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Always wished I could do something like that when I was a kid. Now the only time I wanna get all sandy is at the beach, or with a girl named Sandy.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll hopefully be doing that by next dune season. I've got the motor and the sand car. I just need the Mendola transmission to handle the power. A small investment of around 10k for the tranny. Here's the motor. Can you tell what kind of mmotor it is? :smokingco

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
no idea on the motor. I do know that someone will be having some high speed fun when it's all ready to go!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a small block aluminum chevrolet that the 4 center cylinders were cut out of. Then the front and back 1/2's are put back together and a new block cast to make a V-4. It ends up being a 600 hp (very) small block. Weighs 225 lbs. runs on alcohol. (2.5 gallons per 1/4 mile.) And I though I could put some alcohol away:skew:

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Is this a standard for high end dune buggies? I have also heard about turbo rotaries with excessive porting working well. We don't have enough sand here to play with those kinds of toys up here. We did get enough snow for sledding this year though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea, there's guys with rotary motors making in excess of 800hp. The car that kid is doing the wheelie in is a rotary I think. I've seen that car there and it's a real beauty. There are cars out there with LS7 twin turbo motoers making 1200+ hp. You should see these cars run. Here's a link to one making a pass at the drag races. It's about 30 seconds into the video. This is what I call A WFO MO FO.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSzJ3EID7k4"]YouTube - glamis sand drags[/ame]

This is another one causing a bad case of butt clinchitis.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTrNGGyytx8"]YouTube - glamis sand drags[/ame]

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Born in Brawley and spent 22 years in the Valley. We cut our off road teeth duning at Glamis, but it appears things have really changed down there. It's still probably the greatest place to take your buggy, but there's some weird shit that goes on out there. I can remember friday nights in the mid 70's at the base of comp hill, and there only being 100-200 people. Nowadays it numbers into the 1000's. This was my last off road car, playing more golf now that I'm older. Nice motor work there friend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty, really ridiculous. I felt like that man was making the kid drive more so than the kid really wanted too ahah.

I wish when I was a kid someone would have forced my to kart race. Just think of where I could be now. :sarcastic