What's new

Anyone else colorful their roll marks?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Title should be "color fill" damn you autocorrect. Lol

Since I've been muddying up Jasonsbeer thread (sorry again bro)
I thought I'd post my own. Last summer, after a day at the range, and an afternoon cleaning weapons, I decided to colorfill my roll marks on a couple pistols. I like how they came out, and may do the rest of my guns, AR's included. What do yall think? These are done with white fingernail polish, not crayons.

I'm on the fence about the look though. Is it too gawdy? I can remove it easy enough…

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Personally not a fan. But I think you went the correct route if you plan on doing it; the crayon method looks sloppy.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I color fill all of my AR's Fire/Safe select. It makes RO's happy when taking classes and such. I think each person has their own take on it. I do it more so because I get bored and I only do it on guns I will not sell. I will look for a picture.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nahhh I don't want the bad guys to see my gun at night ;)
How do you like that SA XD 45? The XDS 9 is my carry gun and LOVE IT!

Cheers
Jay

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nahhh I don't want the bad guys to see my gun at night ;)
How do you like that SA XD 45? The XDS 9 is my carry gun and LOVE IT!

Cheers
Jay
Seeing how I only paid $65 for it, I love it. Had a raffle at work. Honestly, I think it's kinda ugly, but I hit a 4" square piece of plate three out of five times at 40yds the first time I shot it. its hard not to love a pistol that I can shoot that well…
Wish I was half as accurate with my XDS in .45. Jury is still out on that gun

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a Sig P225 montage Suisse that has a Swiss shield on it as well as the phrase Montage Suisse I have thought of doing the infill. It is a police trade in so the internals were perfect but it has moderate slide wear. I also dinged it trying to drive out a broken roll pin. The slide needs to be coated and I was thinking about having them do the infill. Especially because I don't want to lose the markings.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
$65 DAMN! Nice win there bud!
My XDS is not the most accurate thing outside of 30-35 yards BUT I'll be honest if your 30+ yards out, I really don't have much reason to shoot you..LOL

Cheers
Jay

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
$65 DAMN! Nice win there bud!
My XDS is not the most accurate thing outside of 30-35 yards BUT I'll be honest if your 30+ yards out, I really don't have much reason to shoot you..LOL

Cheers
Jay
No kidding. I really like the M&P 9c. Shoot it real well, 12+1, and if fits my hand. Carry it in a crossbreed super tuck.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My buddy just picked up a SCAR in .223. Went shooting with him last week, and if it weren't for the steep price tag, I'd have one. Damn fine weapon. Honestly like it more than my Stag AR's

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
It started life as an h&k 93, in service as a short barrel Malaysian police rifle. The drunken monkeys at century arms imported it and put a 16 inch barrel on it as well as some shit plastic stock and forearm.

After pretty much rebuilding the whole damn rifle, including barrel replacement and modifying h&k 93 wooden stock set to fit the smaller 93 frame. It is some sort of used to be an h&k 93 rifle lol.

Shoots wonderfully, it is ablowback design (like a pistol) so thereis less recoil than my ar 15s if that's possible. Very accurate.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of the most fun I have had behind the stock of a weapon is a Valmet .223 and HK .223 and a 9mm Vector/UZI all full auto! Thousands upon thousands of rounds were flung.... Total BLAST! East Oregon desserts hunting rabbits.. Yes full auto for rabbits.... They were ATTACK rabbits and needed to be put down....

This was 19 years ago... I am "slightly" more responsible now...LOL

Cheers
Jay