What's new

Anyone else lighter cursed?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have owned several lighters. They work for a few months and then they fail. They all have different problems. I just got a beautiful Calibri soft flame lighter for Christmas. It lights once and then won't relight unless I let it rest for 5 minutes. There is spark and gas flow but it just won't light.... The most consistent lighters I've owed have been the cheapies from the Dollar Store! I think I'm lighter cursed.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Whenever I use a bic, it always works until it runs out of gas. I've only had one that the flint wheel jammed from pocket lint. (Easy fix)

Maybe it's the inner pothead in me, but I just don't understand yall with your colibris and fancy lighters. Bics work just fine and are reliable. Best thing is, they are so cheap you can have a whole handful in your pocket if one is empty.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am not a lighter expert but will try, and assist you. I find from experience many people never ever remove the bit of Cigar Ash that seem to find its way to the internals of most lighters. Sometimes all it take is a poof of air, breat, or air in the can sold under many brands. (Like you use to bow dust off a computer keyboard.). :cigar:

If you go to the Xikar Web-Site they have some U-tubes on trouble shooting lighters that apply to most brands. Sometimes the fix is just removing a bits of ash that is sittinge between the spark, and point where the gas flows. Then thing works great again. I think there is an Ash Moster that is the problem that deposit small particals of Cigar Ash to drive people to drink. :troll:

I personally have about 7 or 8 lighters I use all the time. One in each Herf-A-Dor (travel humidor), and a few scatter in ther house, garage. But all get a good looking after that is looking for those bit of Cigar Ash., the Ash Monster deposits.

JMHO. (y)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sounds like a time for an email to Calibri customer service! I know you are using good fuel, right?

Xikar has some new fuel in come in a 400ML, apprently developed for use in lighter to be used in high places. The stuff is kind of pricy at $13.00/Can. It seem to be something that is advertised as great, that is actually great.

I also use Ronson the cheap stuff in my junk lighters. Seem to work with no problems. But I have switch to the NEW Xikar Black can in my good lighters.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Whenever I use a bic, it always works until it runs out of gas. I've only had one that the flint wheel jammed from pocket lint. (Easy fix)

Maybe it's the inner pothead in me, but I just don't understand yall with your colibris and fancy lighters. Bics work just fine and are reliable. Best thing is, they are so cheap you can have a whole handful in your pocket if one is empty.
I hate using a soft flame - been using one on this trip and I can’t wait to get back to my torch.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My first thought, What butane are you using? With the multi jet lighters they tend to clog up if you use unfiltered fuel. You need at least filtered 4 times and you should not have problems. I use LOTUS brand butane, about $8.00 for a large can.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My first thought, What butane are you using? With the multi jet lighters they tend to clog up if you use unfiltered fuel. You need at least filtered 4 times and you should not have problems. I use LOTUS brand butane, about $8.00 for a large can.

Well I have a Quad I use all the time, I use Wally - World Special Ronson brand with no problems in it. But I keep the Torch-Head & Fuel Deliver Tube area clear with breathes of how air from me. Air in a can would also work.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
This has been my most reliable lighter next to a Walmart Ronson cheap single flame. I toss it in a basic Zippo case, but you can get nicer ones too. Only problem I have is the wife keeps stealing it and tossing it in her purse. :p
lighter.PNG

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have used a Jetline for the past couple of years with no problems. I fill it up with Xikar fuel, purge, fill and make sure it gets an hour of rest before I use it. I have a couple of backups of the same model but as long as it works, they are just backups.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The post just above by "Almi" remind sme some people forget to let a freshly refilled lighter warm up to relative tempeture. One of the best ways to rewarm a lighter is to put it in your pocket next to your warm body. Until it reach the same tempeture as your inside pant pocket guy.

People who dress in dresses I have no ideas for. :bored: