What's new

Anyone have experience with Whynter Cigar Coolers?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have the smaller version and it holds humidity quite well, but am looking to step up in size. Trying a hard sell on the old lady as it has a wine cooler, and she loves her cabs. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you buying new or is this a used cooler you've found. I remember a recent thread about this very cooler on the forum but I do not have the link. Maybe doing a search using the model number or Whynter will track it down.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one and I hate it for cigars. Holds wine just fine though. I know lots of folks like em but it really doesn’t hold that many cigars due to its shape and I never could keep the rh up while it was running. Even with a pound of beads, 320g bovedas on every shelf and a distilled water cup it always read too low. Another down side is that no matter what temp you set it on if the power goes out it automatically goes to 62° (I think 62 anyway). I can’t recall the exact number but it resets to a set number if the power goes out.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks guys. I ran a quick search earlier, but didnt find anything. I would use the large one solely for storing boxes, and the small one for singles. The small one holds spot on at 65% with 10 boveda 65 packs. The temp seems to run low as read by my hygrometer even while set at the highest setting of 66F. Tends to run ~ 62F, which is just a tad lower than I like.