What's new

Anyone have this cabinet??

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey guys. Thinking I may get rid of my wineador and drawers. The wineador sits in my bar area. There is no heating or cooling in that area. It is thermoelectric, but still fluctuates in the summer. And in the winter, its a battle as well. So I was thinking of getting a cabinet that can go into one of the main areas of the house, and my wife won't bitch so much. Maybe?? :) I am mostly starting to collect boxes, and want to age. And as far as singles go, I have a couple desktop humidors that will suffice, along with maybe the drawer in this bad oscar. Anyone have one?? I am not looking to spend 1k on one, and the wife will ask less questions if I don't. Thoughts on this or something similar in that price range?? Not too sure I am hip on a coolerdor either, because then it would have to be in the basement. Its not a finished basement or anything like that.

Thoughts?? FYI-Looks like I can get this for sub $600 shipped from a different retailer.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/montegue-end-table-humidor-humidors/1438373/

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Don't know anything about it... but it's a beauty!
Yea. Looks halfway decent. I know the walls are most likely mdf, but from what I have been reading, almost all humidors are. I even read that Bob used mdf on the walls of his, although I am not overly certain about that.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Owned one of the Montagues and one called the Lauderdale before moving into an Aristocrat.

Bought from CheapHumidors.com, probably just over $300 back about 16 years ago. First one came with a warped door. They sent a new one immediately by express (had in 2 days) and just had me toss the other. It served me well and I ended up giving it to a BOTL after a couple years when it was still going strong. Held humidity well with beads, but I did seal up the hole that was in the back for a cord (for an active humidifier , which I did not use).

If you want something to age cigars in, I would go the $75 marine coolerador route and spend the other $525 on cigars. JMHO.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Owned one of the Montagues and one called the Lauderdale before moving into an Aristocrat.

Bought from CheapHumidors.com, probably just over $300 back about 16 years ago. First one came with a warped door. They sent a new one immediately by express (had in 2 days) and just had me toss the other. It served me well and I ended up giving it to a BOTL after a couple years when it was still going strong. Held humidity well with beads, but I did seal up the hole that was in the back for a cord (for an active humidifier , which I did not use).

If you want something to age cigars in, I would go the $75 marine coolerador route and spend the other $525 on cigars. JMHO.
I hear you. There is no doubt I would do that, but a coolador in the main living area will not fly. I would have to keep it in the basement. Its not terrible down there, but I have my reservations about it.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You could build something for far less, if you’re inclined to take on a project and have the technical know how.
I’ve actually thought of this. But I’m not sure I would have the right tools, let alone the patience for something like this. Buying a cabinet and converting is not out of the question tho.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I’ve actually thought of this. But I’m not sure I would have the right tools, let alone the patience for something like this. Buying a cabinet and converting is not out of the question tho.
I’ve saw some nice conversions but it wouldn’t take much - you’d buy the lumber, figure out your dimensions, cut, use a food-safe glue / sealer, some C-clamps to hold stuff together, etc.

You could nearly do it with a couple saw horses, a skilsaw, some liquid nails, some silicone, a hammer and nails for major joints, and a tape measure / pencil.

I’d say go with a lighter wood on the exterior, even a MDF (veneer) would work, and then line the interior with Spanish cedar. Heck, you might be able to make your cuts and join wall pieces together before assembly.

Food for thought I suppose - I’d love to build a wall unit myself, but time is really my biggest inhibitor. If I was looking at spending $1000 though, I may rethink that.

I suppose you can always ask the local high school woodshop to build something based on a diagram / blueprint though too?

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I’ve saw some nice conversions but it wouldn’t take much - you’d buy the lumber, figure out your dimensions, cut, use a food-safe glue / sealer, some C-clamps to hold stuff together, etc.

You could nearly do it with a couple saw horses, a skilsaw, some liquid nails, some silicone, a hammer and nails for major joints, and a tape measure / pencil.

I’d say go with a lighter wood on the exterior, even a MDF (veneer) would work, and then line the interior with Spanish cedar. Heck, you might be able to make your cuts and join wall pieces together before assembly.

Food for thought I suppose - I’d love to build a wall unit myself, but time is really my biggest inhibitor. If I was looking at spending $1000 though, I may rethink that.

I suppose you can always ask the local high school woodshop to build something based on a diagram / blueprint though too?
This is all great thought actually. And to be honest, the school idea isn’t half bad either. Thanks bud.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What’s this marine cooleador you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I used to own one of these as well, a number of years back...
while it seemed to hold humidity well in the drawers it definitely leaked in numerous places. The biggest frustration however, was getting at anything in the lower shelves - had to take out 3-5 boxes to get at what you were looking for in the back. Switched to an aristocrat & never looked back

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I used to own one of these as well, a number of years back...
while it seemed to hold humidity well in the drawers it definitely leaked in numerous places. The biggest frustration however, was getting at anything in the lower shelves - had to take out 3-5 boxes to get at what you were looking for in the back. Switched to an aristocrat & never looked back
Question regarding the shelf. Were you able to remove it completely??

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Question regarding the shelf. Were you able to remove it completely??
Yes, the shelves are adjustable. There are two, but I found it to be too cramped to have both shelves in so I just put one in the center & had a top/bottom layout

Reactions: JLB

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yes, the shelves are adjustable. There are two, but I found it to be too cramped to have both shelves in so I just put one in the center & had a top/bottom layout
Thanks man. Well, I think I decided to just do a coolador. My dad has one that hes not using, so I don't even have to buy one. More money for cigars I guess!!