What's new

Anyone know about blending your own pipe tobacco?

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friend is going to trade me some scrap tobacco he has for some computer help. Anyone know anything about blending pipe tobacco? I was thinking get some distilled water and some Knob Creek bourbon and mix 3:1 water to bourbon and soak the tobacco and then toast it some. Any thoughts?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Have you tried smoking the tobacco yet? If it's bland, then it might benefit from some additives. If however, it has a strong flavor of well-used sneakers, then you will most likely be wasting your whiskey.

If the former, then try to "experiment" with only a small amount at first. Keep the unadulterated stuff sealed in a big glass jar. Also forget the water. Your tobacco doesn't need it unless it's really dry already. Plus once you smoke it, the water turns to steam, which causes tongue bite. If you really want to top it with some KC, then put some tobacco in a flat pan and lightly spray on the top. Mix it up and then seal the blend in a small glass jar for at least a week or two. Then give it a try.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well considering I don't drink this would be the only reason to get the whiskey. Also, the tobacco will be a mix of cigar tobaccos ranging from wrappers to fillers and from 8 years to 30 years old. All different strengths. Of course I'm going to smoke it by itself first but I'm thinking ahead.