What's new

Anyone remember Joey Cora From 1995

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Anyway we are remodeling our office and in my old office I have an Autographed Joey Cora Jersey Professionally Framed.

This is not a sale thread BTW

But I am wondering he is a nobody now never was a great star but he sure was important to our only real run at the play offs in 95 I was there and damn was that fun.

Anyway the boss asked if I wanted it and I said yeah maybe I could find a way to use it to raise stuff, cigars, cash whatever for the troops.

Does anyone have any idea's, die hard fans must be interested, Anyway if anyone has any advice LMK please.

Thanks

Dave

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Your location says you're from Washington but the only Joey Cora I know was a White Sox. If this is the same guy, he's now the White Sox bench coach & has been interviewing for 2 or 3 managerial positions in MLB. Its worth a bit of coin but not too much. Authentic Jerseys are about two bills & a sig might make it easier to sell then a non signed one. His signature isn't collectible so I wouldn't hold out for it adding value.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
A "Little Joey" autographed Mariners baseball card sells for anywhere from $2 to $6, an unsigned authentic game jersey goes for about $125.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
As player
San Diego Padres (1987–1990)
Chicago White Sox (1991–1994)
Seattle Mariners (1995–1998)
Cleveland Indians (1998)
As coach
Chicago White Sox (2004–present)

Recognize the rook comforting the vet, Cora?

Attachments

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Been collecting game worn jerseys now for the better part of 20 years. Now mostly hockey but have a few, ironically, white sox and cubs from back when I lived in Chitown. I'm assuming its a Mariners jersey from where you live. Unfortunately, cost of framing is never recovered so to speak when reselling a shirt. I have a few jerseys in cases but they are removeable, cabinet type cases.

Couple of questions, is it a game worn, authentic or replica? Personally, autographs detract from the value of game worn jerseys whereas if its an authentic or replica, the auto would drive the price of the shirt. If its a game worn, top dollar on a Cora would be in the neighborhood of $200-$250. Thing with baseball jerseys (like football), there isn't a set number of jerseys that are worn throughout the season so there can be numerous "one game wonders" out there. Going back, if its an authentic or replica, I'd say in the neighborhood of $100 for an authentic and $50ish for a replica and thats because its framed. G1

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thanks all

Yeah he was known for that crying incident when we finally lost in the Play offs that year LOL. It is authentic but not game worn as I can see anyway, It has the 20th year Mariner patch on one side and the Jackie Robinson 50 years patch on the other and the closest we ever came to having exciting baseball here. They got 6 years or more of seasons tickets buying all from the old king dome days when it was $14 for great seats to Safeco field where well you know still fun but way to much money and losing gets old. Never again I',m sorry to say :)

Thanks Guy's

It was purchased directly from the mariners and has the documents on the back of the frame saying so, Great for a die hard but realize he is not a star player he was here to many, If he wouldn't have cried my boss would have bought a Griffy and it wouldn't be so hard to get rid off actually it was a charity auction so it's all good, except I still need to find a way to get the troops something for it.

Thanks Again!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have you considered listing it in your local Classifieds or stopping by a few sports memorabilia stores in your area to see if they know of anyone who might be interested?
Heck, if you tell them what it's for they might let you advertise it in their window.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Have you considered listing it in your local Classifieds or stopping by a few sports memorabilia stores in your area to see if they know of anyone who might be interested?
Heck, if you tell them what it's for they might let you advertise it in their window.
Not yet Charlie and there is no rush, Right now I am couch tied again but will eventually maybe list it on Craigs list Seattle.

It's very nice but I just don't need it and someone will love it. I used to deal in cards and stuff, even had a card store in Oregon while I lived in Bellevue try figuring that one out LOL anyway I after the sell out gave my personal collection to my nieces kids so if it's only worth a Benjamin I will just give it to them.

Comes a time when gifting is better than selling at a ridicules price even if that price is the going rate.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Ask Smokey Joe's if they would buy it. They have jerseys hanging up in the lounge already and might be interested in a "local." I would be surprised since they have a lot right now and are all big names, but you never know...

You could always throw it on ebay with a reserve price so you don't get screwed. I would put it on craigslist first though, but only meet in public places for the exchange.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thanks not going to to much trouble with this since it's Joey just thought I would post in case there was a serious M's nut that might trade sticks, I posted this several places. The kids will probably get it. Way busy getting my troop boxes ready for Christmas but thought WTH