What's new

Anyone smoking Siglo VI's lately

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What's the word on these now that they've been out for a couple of years? Any under filled issues with this vitola?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have only smoked one and it was last January. It was good and had a good draw...on the easy side of moderate I guess. Pretty full of flavor but way way to big for my tastes.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have smoked a total of 8 of these and I still have one left in my humidor (codes unknown), but they are a great medium-to-full bodied stick (although I had one that was plugged beyond repair).

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had one, probably a couple of months ago. It was gifted as a single, so I don't know anything about its pedigree. It was quite decent and burned well. However, given the hype, I was somewhat disappointed. But keep in mind that I am generally not a big Cohiba fan (JMO, YMMV).

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Good replies so far. I usually don't gravitate towards these monster ring gauges, but I like to have a variety of sizes. Itchy trigger plus great deal - couldn't refuse. :rofl:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have smoked two out of my 03 box and they were awesome. So smooth and creamy,perfect burn. I got those at LCDH in Rome Itlay.

I have a box of 04s resting as well. I think these cigars are great,smoke and construction wise. But, they need some time to sit. I am thinking atleast 4 years minimum.

But that 03 did taste good !

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've smoked two from my ten pack that's about 18 months old. I've been underwelmed with both of them. I had my first siglo 1 a couple of months ago and enjoyed that flavor much more. The siglo 6 is on the mild side. It seemed a little boring for the price tag. I'm not sure how Cohibas age, but I wouldn't assume that they would gain much strength, which is needed, IMO. My advice, even with the deal your talking about, I would pass. There are better smokes at that price. Maybe try a 10pack if you can find them on sale some day. Good luck with your choice.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
owljones said:
What's the word on these now that they've been out for a couple of years? Any under filled issues with this vitola?
Smoked a few lately...thought they were great, and none of those I smoked were underfilled...however, I favor the BBF's and the PSD4's so they seemed a tad milder to me...

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
They are on the mild side. I don't believe I've seen as many complaining about underfills with the Siglo VI as with the Edmundo for '04 production.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've smoked a couple that were gifted to me and I have not been impressed. I am a huge Cohiba fan and stock quite a few boxes Siglo III,IV and V's along with Robustos, Lanceros and Corona Especiales. To me the VI just doesn't have the normal Cohiba flavor profile, granted the ones I smoked were young, but the Cohiba flavor just wasn't there for me.

I will say the tubos are one of the best looking tubes on the market, very cool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24, the expense to each cigar will probably be huge if they do that. Imagine a Upmann Corona Major A/T with a nice tube, the price will probably jump 25 bucks plus per box.

I'd rather have the old tube and the old price. As much as I like that tube, you can't smoke it.