What's new

Anyone watching "The Newsroom" on HBO?

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
What a great show! I knew it would be mostly dialogue with Aaron Sorkin at the helm, but it flows so effortlessly. Accompanied with superb acting, it makes my cigar that much better!
Jeff Daniels pulls off his role, won't be surprised if he's up for an Emmy. It's such a breath of fresh air compared to the other shows on HBO (which I love: Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire).
To me, it just proves you don't always need TnA on HBO to make a "good" show "great".

Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Talked a bit too long after trueblood and family started wTching it....we like it better than trueblood now...hope it gets another season

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I was liking it until I realized that he is rewriting history and distorting events to push his political agenda. Sad thing is some people will take this fictional storyline as truth. Last couple episodes got to be a little to politically charged for my liking of an entertainment show, for this reason I am done watching. Too bad, as I liked the characters individually.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was liking it until I realized that he is rewriting history and distorting events to push his political agenda. Sad thing is some people will take this fictional storyline as truth. Last couple episodes got to be a little to politically charged for my liking of an entertainment show, for this reason I am done watching. Too bad, as I liked the characters individually.
Wow, I couldn't have said this better myself. Agree 100%.

Not to get too political, but it's almost as if HBO or the writers or whomever is trying to distort the views of conservative thinking and trying to gain credibility by writing that Jeff Daniels' character is a registered republican. When his character began distorting facts and justifying it by claiming to be a registered republican, I viewed the entire show as a hack job. Which is unfortunate because I really loved the dialogue and the characters.

I don't know, maybe I take politics too seriously. :/

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It's fiction folks. Was Stone's JFK historically accurate?

Great show. Getting better ever show IMO.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
For me it's one of those shows that I haven't sat through an entire episode, but I liked what I have seen so far...Need to pay more attention